• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old crop Canary seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I don't get 21 cents like you do. The real price is around 32 cents.

I could tell you some stories too about how it is at 21 when it should be 32 but I already did that. So be happy with believing what the guys with fuller pockets than you off of every bushel you produce.

Cheers sumdummie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

I could tell you some stories too about how it is at 21 when it should be 32 but I already did that. So be happy with believing what the guys with fuller pockets than you off of every bushel you produce.

Cheers sumdummie!!!
      You should come trade canary for me. I could easily pay you a $5 million per year and still make more money then I do today. Inbox me if interested.

Comment

Cheers sumdummie!!!
        You should come trade canary for me. I could easily pay you a $5 million per year and still make more money then I do today. Inbox me if interested.

Comment

Dave , is there still an abundance of canary around ? sure didn't seem like much got seeded around here ? if BW comes to work for you and get $.32 , we have some for sale , lol. seriously though , do you think we will see $.24-.25 again , anytime soon

Comment

Why would I go work for someone and take a pay cut?

There's tons of canary everywhere. HHahhaa not!!!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              Dave , is there still an abundance of canary around ? sure didn't seem like much got seeded around here ? if BW comes to work for you and get $.32 , we have some for sale , lol. seriously though , do you think we will see $.24-.25 again , anytime soon
              My belief is we are in a oversupply situation. Acreage went up this last year by about 10% which equates to about 330,000 acres and 1000 lbs per acre (NE brings up average of south) and you have about 150,000 MT plus 75000 MT of carryout. This is the exact same stats we have had for last four years. Add in old crop at about 75000 MT and you have 225000 MT to service market demand of about 150,000 MT. This thing is like ground hog day year after year. Growers won't sell much until crop show in Jan and market will come under pressure then. I doubt we see 24-25 unless we have poor crop potential in 2018 and then it will pop back to the 25-30 range. Canary has really expanded into the NE in recent years and that is helping to stabilize our total output. All my canary that i personally grown has been sold, aggressively in August prior to harvest. But, i have been wrong before.....

Comment

I think I can honestly say, in the past I saw more canaryseed priced below 25 cents than above, but when it spiked as in 1994, it was due to marketer's shorts, as I recall being in the middle. The markets have changed now, there doesn't seem to be the demand anymore. Guess now we have to depend on the "canary board" to get the bus rolling- haha!

Comment

Canary has expanded in northeast? Is that right caseih? People I know up there say they ve never seen as much canola and as little canary seed.

Comment

Canary has expanded in northeast? Is that right caseih? People I know up there say they ve never seen as much canola and as little canary seed.
                    there is a fair bit grown here usually , but not this year , canola , wall to wall

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...