• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGEU adds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel…
    Why are we not investing in technology more?

That's the idea behind a carbon tax.
    Tax emitters and invest in technology.
    But you can see how that's going over in farming country.
    Buy-in is not what JT had hoped for in SK and MB, to say the least

Comment

and no, I didn't vote liberal … or NDP

Comment

Most of those who took the diploma nursing program made good nurses. They just didn't have to sit through the fluff classes and pay for two more years of tuition. (Like engineers degree vs diploma) I feel that most of those coming out of the degree nursing program today, don't want to nurse. They are want to be administrators/pencil pushers. They don't feel they have to pay their dues doing actual nursing and wiping butts. Reminds me of the kid who graduates from university and immediately wants the sweater vest and pipe, but doesn't want to earn it.

Comment

Same thing in Mb. Gov't union adds non stop, god there must be lots of money to pay for this. Mb annual deficit is 1billion, debt is 24 billion, population just over 1 million. There is 120,000 gov't worker in Mb. Maybe 300,000 to 400,000 wage earners?? Just a guess. How can this be sustainable???? I'd love to see the cdn tax payers federation run some adds to promote firing 1/2 of all gov't workers.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum View Post
            Most of those who took the diploma nursing program made good nurses. They just didn't have to sit through the fluff classes and pay for two more years of tuition. (Like engineers degree vs diploma) I feel that most of those coming out of the degree nursing program today, don't want to nurse. They are want to be administrators/pencil pushers. They don't feel they have to pay their dues doing actual nursing and wiping butts. Reminds me of the kid who graduates from university and immediately wants the sweater vest and pipe, but doesn't want to earn it.
            no argument there , but those diploma nurses are the the ones putting down Lpns, and they have basically the same education . and Lpns are doing the same job for 75% of the wage . at least in nursing homes

Comment

Here's the problem with green over oil. So you tax oil and subsidize green, fair enough. Who is the biggest oil and gas company in the world? Saudiaramco and Russian oil and gas. How do they fund their social programs? Pump ****ing oil!! So Canada switches to green, how do we fund our social programs? Pump oil!!! So now we export crude? What's that do to price of crude? Down goes the price. Green energy isn't competitive at present without a govt subsidy, what's it gonna do at $25 crude? Still suck. Your fighting a ruble that's worth pennies on a USD. So why handicap the economy until green gets its cost down. The trip to 147 opened the door for alternatives now is technologies time to prove itself and be competitive. But if they can't get a windmill to be a net producer of energy after this long it ain't looking good. Solar is far more likely to make it imo. Throw in global cooling and nat gas and crude are still the ultimate energy source.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                Here's the problem with green over oil. So you tax oil and subsidize green, fair enough. Who is the biggest oil and gas company in the world? Saudiaramco and Russian oil and gas. How do they fund their social programs? Pump ****ing oil!! So Canada switches to green, how do we fund our social programs? Pump oil!!! So now we export crude? What's that do to price of crude? Down goes the price. Green energy isn't competitive at present without a govt subsidy, what's it gonna do at $25 crude? Still suck. Your fighting a ruble that's worth pennies on a USD. So why handicap the economy until green gets its cost down. The trip to 147 opened the door for alternatives now is technologies time to prove itself and be competitive. But if they can't get a windmill to be a net producer of energy after this long it ain't looking good. Solar is far more likely to make it imo. Throw in global cooling and nat gas and crude are still the ultimate energy source.
                Like like like

Comment

Our thinking is backwards with oil. We think a high oil price is the answer. I d like to ask everyone when oil was crazy price what did that do to our price if everything else? On top of that our government never received a fraction of what they should have to pay for the cost of extra activity etc.

We should be looking at using the cheap energy oil to manufacture, create, produce products right here instead of shipping raw other resources out and have everyone else use cheap oil to take those resources to the next step and make the real money.

But we don't see any vision at all from current politicians of any party. We re just sitting here hoping for a war or something to increase oil prices. It's so stupid the only ones that benefit from that are the bought and paid for politicians.

What did we really get out out of the last boom?

Comment

i find the ads annoying too.
                    whiney and sukie
                    unions , they are a fickle selfish bunch
                    1/2 their members are conservatives anyway.
                    SF3 was one of them.

they were all mad at Blakney , before he lost power.
                    Blakney was managing the finances not giving them what they wanted.

wall thought money grew on trees and spent accordingly.
                    now the crash , and things have to tighten up, big time.
                    now they all want to be NDP again.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      i find the ads annoying too.
                      whiney and sukie
                      unions , they are a fickle selfish bunch
                      1/2 their members are conservatives anyway.
                      SF3 was one of them.

they were all mad at Blakney , before he lost power.
                      Blakney was managing the finances not giving them what they wanted.

wall thought money grew on trees and spent accordingly.
                      now the crash , and things have to tighten up, big time.
                      now they all want to be NDP again.
                      The unions have campaigned against the Sask Party every election, they never stopped cheering for the NDP.

Comment

that is not totally true, they withdrew their support from blakeney , that election.
                        were going to teach the ndp a lesson.
                        and they got what they deserved , when devine was elected

selfish bunch . wanted devivines 1500 $ gift to renovate their house.
                        they could not figure it out that they would still have to pay the 1500 eventually in taxes.

Unions tend not think too far ahead either .

Comment

I find the ads from both NDP a pain by the one that made my blood boil was Harper spending 750 million of tax payers money basically promoting conservative government programs.

Comment

Many of those programs paid less out than the advertisement.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...