• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it raining where needed?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And where is this ideal spot on the DRY prairies that won the T-storm lottery?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      And where is this ideal spot on the DRY prairies that won the T-storm lottery?
      I'm east of Olds if that's what you were asking.

Comment

We have relatives at Didsbury.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          We have relatives at Didsbury.
          Hey I'm from Didsbury, I know your relative he makes good Chinese food I think his name is Dimsumguy!

Only an inch here this week, we'll take it but could use some on a regular basis, we had muddy seeding conditions and a couple 2inchers in may and early June but nothing since and that heat and wind is tough on everything. Cereals mostly ok, average I would think, there are some piss poor canola crops though, some look good but looks like a bunch of heat blasting, specially RR varieties. Grass needs more soon, gonna be some hungry critters.

Not sure no 4" at once is the lotto either, that's likely gonna do more harm than good.

The storms in our area that got lots of rain also got some nasty hail. Did you Blaithin?

Comment

Other problem with weather is the dam averages. If you look at rainfall totals for last 12 months I bet most of us are average or above but it's the timing that's screwed up. Last year was super dry till end of June then didn't stop till freeze up but on paper looked like a good year. I bet it turns out the same this year numbers ok but timing wrong. Couple big 5inch September rains and a few minus 4 nights in august to balance this heat out and it will be all good. Right?😩😠

Comment

It's the Craven Country Jamboree this weekend, always good for a downpour.

Comment

No, haven't got any hail in my area yet.

The big storms with the warnings have been missing us for the most part. That 4" one was just a system that parked over us for the night, no warnings from it and no hail.

Most likely 3.5 of those 4 just ran off down the hill but a bit stuck around. Pond level came back up and the grass stopped crunching. Cows are happy again for the moment. Except for the bugs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...