• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Aust grain industry same in canada?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Aust grain industry same in canada?

Often ponder about the past and future.

Guess we both have issues remaining price competitive with low cost origins black sea and argie. Heaven help us when they get there infrastructure up to speed and effiecient.

Freight utilities and service costs basically meaning supply chain costs from farm to enduser be it overseas or domestic.

Will rail ever make a comeback here?

Product differentiation or lack of meaning in the world now wheat is wheat either high protein or low protein and everything is blended up to spec. Geez I sound like a single desker bemoaning loss of marketing power.
    But supposedly and is open to debate Australia and Canada produced the best wheat in the world fast forward to now its just wheat.

Lack of investment by big graincos at port.

cost of steel seeders combines sparyers

land prices when will it end.

threats from green movements chemicals bans etc.

geez I'm negative this morning not really guys just pondering.

It's an ongoing process everywhere, always seems to work out in democratic countries. Off topic, i was in calgary and edmonton last week, I think i would like to retire in alice springs now!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...