• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail Insurance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail Insurance

Just wondering who people buy from. Local SGI Dealer? Online? A private seller?( A person who treats you well Grain or Chen sales Rep)
    We started buying from a young family in town. They both work in Ag.

We tried other companies and do pay a little more but now use Coop hail. Get a dividend back on low hail years. makes up for the extra we pay. Its not the highest but not the lowest. We use to use another line company but the adjusters just drove us up the wall. Useless idiots that couldn't figure out hail if it hit them in the face.

Comment

I used to use coop and then two years in a row they sent the retired schoolteacher that eventually became the head of adjusting. He was a completely arrogant asshole. He kept telling me hail adjusting is just an estimation of the damage,which I agreed with. Then he would calculate the loss at something like 45.61 or 34.78 and mark it down that way.

I hear now they dig lentil seeds in the first inch of ground and shake plants into a pail then use a scale to assess lentil damage. It takes literally hours to appraise a field.

I have a rough idea of the level of damage after a storm and rarely am I surprised at the assessment unless the adjuster is being Santa Clause. Then I take the gifts that are given.

Comment

For years I always bought from our local insurance dealer but for the past couple of years I have bought Prairie Hail online (SMHI). Used my credit card.

Comment

It'll be great next year when we pay 6% more because of PST

So township rate is 6.8 per cent (even though No hail in ****ing years)
          Grow Mustard (should be same as Canola but can't Lobby as much as Canola, I guess)and pay twice the basic so now at 13.6 plus the PST !!

Screw it just load up the $ on wheat on a field close by and Don't insure the mustard
          Last edited by mustardman; Jul 5, 2017, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
            Simple I wont insure.

Comment

Exactly. Just got 6% interest on my non-existent hail insurance bill. cha-ching

Comment

This will be our last year with hail Insurance....have to draw line somewhere and an extra 6% is a kick in the teeth.

This year, Co-op and Municipal.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post

So township rate is 6.8 per cent (even though No hail in ****ing years)
                  Grow Mustard (should be same as Canola but can't Lobby as much as Canola, I guess)and pay twice the basic so now at 13.6 plus the PST !!

Screw it just load up the $ on wheat on a field close by and Don't insure the mustard
                  High on the wheat and use the deductibles to lower premium.

Comment

Used Ag Direct this year. Easy online and lower then all line companies or co-op. About 15-20% lower then 2016

Comment

This coming from a guy who doesn't have crop insurance....is not insuring for hail an option? Not for me I guess! Then there's the PST on SCIC premiums too(no???)....gunna not insure there either?

We could always be hopeful they repeal that sickening tax grab. At the very least the phones should be lit up like Christmas trees at the MLA's offices (enter bucket). Every day Producers should be hounding them on the issue...every day! Could you imagine if the offices received hundreds of calls a day on one single issue. Do you think they'd get the message. Speed dial on the cell phone, a cordial greeting and then a short question asking them if they plan on repealing it...every day!!!! It wouldn't have to be a long conversation but the bombardment of calls would wear thin.

Or we can just grudgingly accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        This coming from a guy who doesn't have crop insurance....is not insuring for hail an option? Not for me I guess! Then there's the PST on SCIC premiums too(no???)....gunna not insure there either?

We could always be hopeful they repeal that sickening tax grab. At the very least the phones should be lit up like Christmas trees at the MLA's offices (enter bucket). Every day Producers should be hounding them on the issue...every day! Could you imagine if the offices received hundreds of calls a day on one single issue. Do you think they'd get the message. Speed dial on the cell phone, a cordial greeting and then a short question asking them if they plan on repealing it...every day!!!! It wouldn't have to be a long conversation but the bombardment of calls would wear thin.

Or we can just grudgingly accept it.
                        I have phoned this lazy mla once a week

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...