• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midge

Anyone checking?

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    Anyone checking?
    Ya slightly breezy tonight checked 6 spots only caught one on a pam covered paper plate.
    Last edited by biglentil; Jul 2, 2017, 22:58.

Comment

Nope..Have VB wheat..No issues since growing it..

Comment

Ya, from the campground...remember those stress filled evenings/weeks during July...VB wheat, NO STRESS at all!

Comment

But let's not **** this up. We have Jatharia in now for the VB wheat we'll grow going forward. If it's fusarium tolerance sucks we will drop it and find another VB or something else. I thought guys were saying Glenn has quite good fusarium tolerance.

I think the awareness of always staying closest to that certified product is what they don't want us to forget. I grow enough certified seed to keep us in seed for a while, when I get low, then I grow some more from certified and that makes up my seed going forward. Not such a big deal with non-VB wheat but I think we need to protect this trait as long as we can..... the only thing I hate more than spraying insecticides is nothing.

Comment

I still to this day have not sprayed for midge. Never had a downgrade because of it. Its the guys that put it in their fungicide programs just cause that seem to have all the problems. They deserve natures rath lazy fk's cant scout. They deserve a dose.

Comment

Zero the last two nights RM 281 & 280

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                I still to this day have not sprayed for midge. Never had a downgrade because of it. Its the guys that put it in their fungicide programs just cause that seem to have all the problems. They deserve natures rath lazy fk's cant scout. They deserve a dose.

I thought Midge damaged seeds just blow out the back of the combine, but you lose yield - not necessarily down-graded. Am I wrong?

Comment

Some kernels are just dockage usually because more than one larva are feeding on it or the kernel is nipped when quite immature.
                  Other kernels a single larva will feed on or nip. Those kernels stay intact and ruin the sample.
                  2% max for #1

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...