• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Coast asking...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's not selling for close to that .....why the big jump?

Sure puts information in perspective and what the basis is today?????

Comment

It's the Sahara Desert out here.

Comment

some on here think west coast trade values are of little signifcance to farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
          some on here think west coast trade values are of little signifcance to farmers.
          Its bullshit when an 18wheeler can get it to the coast cheaper than the rail. Rail is 6 times more efficient we are being screwed. Thanks all of those that rolled over dead on the crow rate. Sarcasm

Comment

biglentil, the basis is "MADE UP"......of many costs.

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Comment

Portland bids down 50 cents a bushel today.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Portland bids down 50 cents a bushel today.
                Maybe next week's report of West Coast asking prices will be down then. Local bids slipped.

I can ask what ever I want for things I sell, doesn't mean I'm going to get it.

Comment

Being the last one with grain to sell doesn't seem to work too well either.
                  No one needs it anymore

Comment

101, any thoughts on the MGE Wheat SEPT chart? Did we put in a chart high, are we building the first shoulder for a H&S formation, profit taking pause before the weekend(July 4th esq related) any elevator up again next week if no change in the forecast?
                    Seems hard to believe this could be the high with all the rough weather around the world?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                      Being the last one with grain to sell doesn't seem to work too well either.
                      No one needs it anymore
                      That can be true, but this year it could pay dividends if you can afford to sit on it. Being the last one with grain to sell when no one needs it but you need the cashflow is a big problem for THE GUY HOLDING THE GRAIN.

Comment

Good support in here for MWU. Short crop prices do peak early as a rule but with Canada's crop quite a ways from the bin yet I think we could challenge the high again. Graincos are likely to switch to December if there is more stability in that month
                        Could be very risky to own anything in Sept except some cheap options

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...