• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MGEX wheat rally...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MGEX wheat rally...

Fundamentals or speculative fund trading pushing it further than fundamentals would have it?

Opinions please

Ultimately does it matter which drove it if you took advantage of it?

Time will tell how much of the gains the market will be able to hold on to.

I think looking to 2018 is the win here for farmers.....forget the premiums discounts ....just get a good price on a 2018 delivery and then run the math to grow it.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      I think looking to 2018 is the win here for farmers.....forget the premiums discounts ....just get a good price on a 2018 delivery and then run the math to grow it.
      Can you actually get a GrainCo to sign a contract that far out? wakopa talked about being sold on some wheat pretty far out one time. Any comments wakopa?

Comment

Early last winter you could've signed a dec. 2018 contract.

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
          Early last winter you could've signed a dec. 2018 contract.
          What I can't wrap my head around is the fact that they are willing, or can, pay over $8.00 for 2018 delivery but in the meantime the market may fall lower between now and then.

Comment

When you buy a futures contract the grain co. always hedges the other side. ( if they lose on one side they gain it on the other side. washout )

Comment

Fun-da-mentals or Funds speculative driven? I would think if it's more fundamentals we should be able to hold on the gains better or see them come back after we lose them?????????????????????????????????

Comment

Some thoughts:

The easy money has been made on the MW runup
                Inverse in MW
                Big difference between grainco bids
                The HRS high protein grain market is only so big
                If one wants to cash in on the wild MW market you have to pay to play
                Short crop - long tail

Good wheat prices and 700 dollar a bag canola seed will combine to increase 2018 wheat acres.

Comment

you are right farming canola around here is struggling from to much water earlier and fleebeetles

Comment

All winter we were told the world is full of wheat and the market is telling you not to grow wheat. Then once seeding is done what's the market yelling at you GROW WHEAT.
                    They say the market is always right but I think the market is full of BS

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                      All winter we were told the world is full of wheat and the market is telling you not to grow wheat. Then once seeding is done what's the market yelling at you GROW WHEAT.
                      They say the market is always right but I think the market is full of BS
                      the market proves it again , but how soon we will forget . I would like someone to tell me where the 2 year " burdensome" supply of wheat went in two months ??? what a f$&King joke ??

Comment

Comment

And they are already talking about breads going up.....geez when did it come down.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...