• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Crop Tour....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think your right 101
    Also in my extended crop tour yesterday maybe 20% of the crop I seen was "on time " the other 80 % is on the late side . The cool weather last week slowed crop growth a lot .
    The crop here in the NW has a very long way to go.
    The 20 % that is near normal maturity is now running out of gas though. Very dry conditions are prevalent from here to the south east to Stoon now, with just a few pockets receiving much rain at all in June

Comment

Still seeding with a 5000. Seeding tool had very little to do with crop establishment around here. Most wheat looks very good. Canola: 10% good, 50% ugly, 40 okay but late. That's about all that's grown around here. Odd pea field too wet, barley likely drowning out because it went on the wet crappy ground.

Comment

Crop tour around Regina mixed reviews too. Several growth stages will make very interesting harvest watch. Canola fields are starting to cabbage but huge blank areas are not going to produce. Fields of Canaryseed on lentil stubbles look like they blew and are poor and very late to the party. Cereals are same as Manitoba. Early durum has few stools and the heading process will be short and thin. Peas look ok from the road only. Mustard fields pretty much same as Canola. We don't need much more combine capacity nor bin space this year. Much damage was done with early drought, hurricane hot winds, flee beatles and cutworm. Another little soaker and some heat would encourage young seedlings to catch up. Here's hoping!

Hats go off to the farmers who perservered, reseeded, sprayed at night. Hope it pays off with record prices to compensate.

Comment

Seeding equipment and cropping practices made a huge differencs around here. Much experimenting yielding good data.

Comment

This explains my crop tour yesterday....

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
              Still seeding with a 5000. Seeding tool had very little to do with crop establishment around here. Most wheat looks very good. Canola: 10% good, 50% ugly, 40 okay but late. That's about all that's grown around here. Odd pea field too wet, barley likely drowning out because it went on the wet crappy ground.
              Not sure why the flexi 5000 is being run down. I run a 45 foot 10 inch spacing with atomjet sideband openers. Quite happy with it. In our area there are bourgault 5710, a Concorde, many 5000s and a couple John Deere Conserva paks. There are 2 canola crops in my area that stand out. One was blown on and harrowed in and the other was seeded by an old 5000 with stealth side band single row openers with a old 787 manual tank. Some of the worst crops in the area were seeded by a BTO with a couple of conserva paks. Wheat crops in our area are very good. Canola crops are cabbaging out with the odd field starting to bolt. Some wind and hail damage set it back a bit. Barley anywhere from awesome to drowned out depending on whether the field got the heavy showers. Seeded acres by field off prob 10% due to wet seeding conditions.

Comment

Have a question how come the best wheat and cereal in our area the fields were walked last fall, dry winter and dry spring?

Comment

How many people did you have that walked your field ..... lol

Comment

Damn auto-correct! Proof read SF3, proof reed!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...