• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low 0 with frost tonight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight and here in EC Sask we are down to 3.5. I don't like where this is going.

Comment

This should make finishing spraying interesting. Good thing this crop has 9 lives. Drought-like conditions for too long, hurricane winds all spring and summer, potential frost damage, I'm not even going to ask what else can happen...lots!

Comment

Too much carbon tax already +2

Comment

0.9 here now

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            0.9 here now
            Poor another whiskey... sun rises at 4:48 in Regina if thats any consolation.

Comment

This is getting sickening already.

Comment

I think we've been spared. Anybody else? Cloud deck just east of us.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 24, 2017, 05:09.

Comment

here comes the cloud cover early this morning. Yea but its almost july 1 not sure this one will make it to the bin.

Comment

You bring up a good point SF.
                    A huge percentage of western Canada is late seeded. That and look at these very very cool overnight temps .... all over. Well this is not "cool" as it slows crop development dramatically.
                    Not a good thing on the longest daylight hours of the year.
                    A lot of this crop is going to have to hit overdrive later to make it .
                    But at least most here have a chance to still get a crop , late or not .
                    Drove through Meadow Lake yesterday, that crop has zero chance .... everything is underwater or dead or dying . Not patches or low areas , but the entire area.
                    It was a sobering drive through and up to lake.
                    I know the farm by the pulp mill. OMG ... that is crazy , that will be a complete loss

Comment

Not sure exactly how cold it got but no frost on vehicles at 5:30 this morning. Just dewy, but we have some cloud cover this morning. SF3 and furrow, I am not liking the way this year is shaping up. Lots of 17-20 highs for the next ten days.

Comment

same here furrow , went to Tobin lake , unbelievable . why the f$&k isn't the premier out touring some of this devastation ??? or even the local mla ?? you can't believe it when you see it , 2-3 years of this shit for them . land looks like it's been left to grow trees again , mind you they won't grow under water . it's making the unharvested crops all over the area stand up again as they are floating to the top .and you don't hear a word about it on the news or in local papers ??? sure makes a guy put his own problems in perspective . like you say , at least we still have a chance here

Comment

Where is the press? They are so fixated on every fart Trump makes and global warming (only when it is hot in California, not when it is freezing in the grain belt). Oh, maybe they are saving the environment by not driving or flying out there - I forgot.

Our crop of nineteen lives is getting tested again. What is left standing has already been tested by no rain for first 5-6 weeks of its "life", 4 hurricanes - 3 horrific dust storms, 3 frosts, let's see still haven't had 2 hail storms, 3 more months of frosts, torrential downpours. Hey, there's still hope!

I turned sprinklers on the garden at 5:00 - maybe too late - didn't see any frost on vehicles but leaves sure seemed dark - coloured on melons and beans. Maybe it was the darn Mickey D coffee that was black instead of double-double - grrr!

Comment

0.7 low east of regina

Comment

Does this count as frost or is it fake news. **** sakes.

My mom's place. At 5:30 this morning. In a valley in a well treed yard and on pavement to boot. If it's that cold there it's colder in the field.
                              Last edited by bucket; Jun 24, 2017, 08:18.

Comment

Down to 1.7 here. I am sure some low spots got hurt.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...