• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brazilian beef

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazilian beef

I see the states banned beef from Brazil because of health concerns over cleanliness in processing and corruption in the inspection process. I wonder if A&W still think it is good to be buying their hormone free grass fed beef. The cfia won't have much to say as they rely on the inspection process from the exporting country to be safe for canadians. Cfia is more concerned with ensuring food safety for our exports than what we import what a useless organization that needs to be scrapped. I realize we need some kind of inspection agency but maybe processors and companies that import food products should be liable for the products they sell.

Maybe some people like the taste of rotten acid washed beef over the taste of Canadian beef.

The world's different now sofa.

Hahahaha.

Comment

It should be law that it's posted where each of these joints are getting their supplies from. And all of it not just a fraction and then say ya we buy Canadian.
      Wtf are we importing beef to eat here anyway? But I guess those are some of the rules on the free trade that's many approve of. It don't clearly understand.
      It's exactly the way critics have said we abide by the exporting to us country standard. Which is scarey because I think or assume we are supposed to be more advanced but our standards are not great either. With no inspectors for restaurants too many places to eat are horrible.

Comment

I know facts bore you sofa.king so i'll try and keep it brief. A&W aren't buying beef from Brazil for their grass-fed hormone free line it is a blend of Canadian, US and Australian product. Choosing to buy Canadian or buy US or Brazilian because you deem them to be safer isn't likely to work given that the same companies - predominantly Cargill and JBS are killing cattle in all 3 countries. JBS only got into Canada to replace the shoddy operator Nilsson Bros (good home grown Alberta boys) after the Lakeside e-coli fiasco.
        Bucket, they acid wash in the big Canadian plants too.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
          I see the states banned beef from Brazil because of health concerns over cleanliness in processing and corruption in the inspection process. I wonder if A&W still think it is good to be buying their hormone free grass fed beef. The cfia won't have much to say as they rely on the inspection process from the exporting country to be safe for canadians. Cfia is more concerned with ensuring food safety for our exports than what we import what a useless organization that needs to be scrapped. I realize we need some kind of inspection agency but maybe processors and companies that import food products should be liable for the products they sell.

CFIA needs a total revamp. Instead Harper gutted the agency. . We need leadership, not useless ....

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            It should be law that it's posted where each of these joints are getting their supplies from. And all of it not just a fraction and then say ya we buy Canadian.
            Wtf are we importing beef to eat here anyway? But I guess those are some of the rules on the free trade that's many approve of. It don't clearly understand.
            It's exactly the way critics have said we abide by the exporting to us country standard. Which is scarey because I think or assume we are supposed to be more advanced but our standards are not great either. With no inspectors for restaurants too many places to eat are horrible.
            Are you saying we need "Country of Origin" labelling? Do you remember how hard we fought against COOL when USA wanted their food labelled as to where it came from?

Comment

Acid wash equipment sure .....not the beef.

Comment

I dont believe we will ever know the whole truth behind Lakeside.

Comment

Grassy I don't deem product from anywhere totally safe here in canada the cfia is more reactive than proactive which isn't much good after people have became sick from tainted food. Next time in the store look at where a lot of our food comes from..... China and it is safe because they say it is. Try buying fresh canadian salmon all we have locally is from Chinese fish farms can you imagine what they are grown in.

Comment

What good are these labels if they mean nothing?
                    All food we consume here should be subject to our standards. And we should know what those standards are. How many people here know what acid wash is? I have no clue what it means. But I should know. Everyone wants to know what i spray on my crops right?

I do want to know where it was processed and grown.

For what it's worth most of that seafood from that area is grown in human shit. Yes not a misspell shit!!!! Mmmmm

Comment

Acid wash for beef carcass is 2 per cent acetic or lactic acid rinse for warm carcass used to reduce contamination from digestive tract material some of which is inevitable.
                      Not something bad but adds safety for human consumption.

Comment

Thanks hopalong!

Comment

do you guys still have a local butcher in your local towns or long gone,or can you only buy meat from supermarket chains or direct from farmers.

still alive and well in towns here say over 1000 population our local town 410 people lost our butcher about 10 years ago he retired and nobody bought it since been turned into a hair salon.

I buy half bodies of beef from local butcher and he kills our own lambs for me.

pork comes from a farming friend who sells direct of farm processed.

only meat I buy from supermarkets in chicken

Comment

I'll let the Canadian borns speak for the history of butcher's shops here but I've never seen any other than the small custom slaughter plants that usually have a retail counter.
                            Scotland, and Britain in general, still have butcher shops - more so in small towns than the cities actually. Our local town there of 4000 people has 4 butcher shops. My brother lives in St Andrews with 16,000 and they don't have one butcher. It is generally a dying thing though with more young consumers buying at the supermarket - poorer beef and more expensive but I guess they value "convenience" more. None of the butchers over there would custom butcher your animals for you - don't know if they ever did offer that service.

Comment

.....and I thought this was going to be a thread about personal grooming complaints!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...