• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Canola Facing Resistance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola fallout is due to weakening global economic conditions . . . .

Comment

Canola in this area needs to do a lot of catching up to make an average crop. There are many Canola fields around Regina that should be plowed down. I can't speak for the entire province but I have seen fields all around and east and west that you can easily see a gopher run. How are the mustard crops in Agriville Country?

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
        Youre probably right or could be the old tactic of dropping it hard to suck some more out ? Not really much of a fallout tho, just sold some here yesterday for $11.58

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
          I believe you, but i don't understand why. Just because economic conditions are deteriorating doesn't mean that people are gonna stop eating. Are they buying other cheaper alternatives? Or not buying at all? I don't get the demand side of the supply demand equation. On an individual basis lots would make food a lower priority than the latest technology, trendy cloths etc. But on a large world scale the population has to eat or chaos ensues.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
              I believe you, but i don't understand why. Just because economic conditions are deteriorating doesn't mean that people are gonna stop eating. Are they buying other cheaper alternatives? Or not buying at all? I don't get the demand side of the supply demand equation. On an individual basis lots would make food a lower priority than the latest technology, trendy cloths etc. But on a large world scale the population has to eat or chaos ensues.
              As the economy deteriorates, people eats less, waste less, and alternative come back on the menu. Gardening, foraging and in some places boiled rat is back on the menu. Another thing that happens is those giant speculative stockpiles in China start getting used or resold. Much of the recent commodities boom was related to buying for the purposes of speculation. Chinese businessmen? would buy commodities, wait for government to devalue yen two or three times and voila instant capital gain.

Comment

I dont think the mult-staged canola will yield well. One third emerged early and is now bolting, the rest has not cabbaged yet, i would suspect the more advanced plants will act as a weed, and out compete the remaining two thirds of plants.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...