• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the cfia/cbc saying what I think they are?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the cfia/cbc saying what I think they are?

From this article:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/flour-robin-hood-e-coli-cfia-1.4169981

He says that the wheat could have become contaminated because animal feces containing pathogens got into the fertilizer or perhaps the water supply. Or, wild animals wandering in the field could have directly contaminated the wheat with their feces.

So fertilizer or water contaminated with poop causes wheat to have ecoli?

What the heck????

I think wheat is to be cleaned prior to milling....something isn't quite right in any of the expert opinions.

Someone is a little lax in the QA at the mill.

Nobody would grind wheat without a good cleaning....makes the equipment last longer....

Something doesn't add up other than to blame the farmer....

I don't buy what the article states. ..it's bullshit.

Comment

I have a feeling It's pigeon shit. That place... I've hauled lots there... Hundresss of birds pooping at the pits. Everything covered if you sweep grain up you have a few lbs of poop too.

Comment

This just showso these civil servants (cfia retards) don't have a clue about agriculture yet it's these type of people who set policy and rules for agriculture what a joke contaminated fertilizer. Guess the organic guys won't be using shit for fert anymore or maybe the contaminated water came from the cities being allowed to flush raw sewage down the river systems. But hey let's blame the farmer. Just like I said in a previous post it will be the farmers fault .

Comment

From the pit...to a bin....thru a cleaner of any sort...I find it troubling that it can make it thru quality assurance measures.

Maybe they should have a look at the QA and have a look at the cleanliness of the mill.

And Klause ....were those your 11 loads of contaminated grain that they want to find? Lol.

I am sure they take sample of every load....can't be to hard find if it was at unload...but still question their cleaning.

Comment

I would imagine the reporter messed that up. If that is what a cfia official actually said heads should roll. I've heard some blunders theyve made with the bse and scrapie tracebacks that question their competance. Definately neef to understand the industry and processes better. Maybe I don't have the culinary experience or interest of some but who eats raw flour anyhow. And raw cookie dough isn't that smart either with raw eggs etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...