• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A HIgh of 13C tomorrow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A HIgh of 13C tomorrow

Longest day of the year. I think we are roughly 3 days behind last year for GDD

I think we are probably a week behind and raining again . How come none of the tree hugging greentards are talking about this mini ice age we are in ????

Comment

We're not accumulating many GDDs for sure. Right now I'm glad we have the shortest maturity soybeans we can get for here.

Corn in this area looks awful. It's short, pale green, and just looks like a struggling plant. Most here are trying to grow it without having a grain dryer. Disaster awaits.

It's cloudy here usually as well. Solar fencers are needing bigger panels to keep batteries up.

Someone must have pulled a plug and let the carbon out. Climate might be heating up somewhere, just not here.

Comment

Yep, climate is heating up in Gore's Spanish villa and Suzuki's California hideaway.

Comment

It's interesting what we perceive to be occurring on a daily basis Braveheart. Sure feels like we have had a cool spring but when you look at the data it doesn't support that.

Check out [URL="http://cropchatter.com/tag/corn-heat-accumulation-chu/"]http://http://cropchatter.com/tag/corn-heat-accumulation-chu/[/URL]

For your (and my) area % of normal accumulated growing degree days (5C) May 1 to June 18 we are at 100-105%
          For accumulated Corn Heat Units same period we are also at 100-105%.

Comment

Snowed in Bearberry a few days ago, that is about 20 minutes South and slightly west of me. Last night felt cold enough to snow.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              I think we are probably a week behind and raining again . How come none of the tree hugging greentards are talking about this mini ice age we are in ????
              If they talk/deflect/excuse climate change is burning up some, FREEZING the shit out of us! Our degrees went somewhere HOT! F*cking asshole liars.

Crops are way behind, too wet, too cold. Canola yellow in dips from TOO MUCH water.
              Only wheat took the flood so far...

Comment

Fjlp I wonder why no attention ha s been paid to the fact the canola, pea and lentil crop is way behind.
                My beans are flyin best crop I ve grown so far as I can remember. All varieties smokin along.
                Corn on the other hand is slow.

Comment

Been a warm spring at Bearberry too though AF5 - data from the close by James River Ranger weather station.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.26.33 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	765593

It really highlights the importance of recording weather data versus looking out the window on one cool day and shouting "$%#^ climate change we're entering an ice age"

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Been a warm spring at Bearberry too though AF5 - data from the close by James River Ranger weather station.

[ATTACH]1565[/ATTACH]

It really highlights the importance of recording weather data versus looking out the window on one cool day and shouting "$%#^ climate change we're entering an ice age"
                    I didn't say anything about an ice age or climate change. But the GDD's are irrelevant if it freezes almost every month of the year

Comment

A cool spell. Oh we must be in an ice age! It was hot and dry a couple of weeks ago. That must have been evidence of global warming then? These are examples of the logic that once led people to believe that the earth was flat. Are some of you guys that stupid? Just asking as not one of you has produced any credible scientific evidence against the overwhelming evidence of human caused global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        I didn't say anything about an ice age or climate change. But the GDD's are irrelevant if it freezes almost every month of the year
                        No, you didn't but these type of comments are frequent on Agriville. GDDs are not irrelevant and frost is an ever present reality in high elevation spots in the foothills of the Rockies as well as elsewhere on the prairies.

Comment

Rain?? What's that?? The 4/10 we had the beginning of last week is gone with the wind.
                          Hay and grass are drying up. The crop that has germinated is just hanging on.
                          Lots of guys commenting on how patchy their fields, after looking down on them from the sprayer.
                          SF3 has cursed our area with a drought we didn't want or need.

Comment

Yawn. Grasshole is spewing his extensive knowledge again.

Comment

I mentioned we are behind last year in GDD. With the heat coming in later this week we will probably be about average for GDD by the end of June for the 2 months of May and June.
                              It all depends when a guy was able to get the seed in the ground. Many were badly delayed because of mud.
                              Some numbers for reference:
                              Average GDD base 5 for Saskatoon area 1951-1980 May and June - 517
                              Average GDD for 2000-2016, May and June - 459
                              2016 GDD May and June - 608(way above average)
                              2017 GDD May 1 to June 20 - 429

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...