• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spraying canola that got some hail yesterday?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spraying canola that got some hail yesterday?

had a hail cloud open up on some L140 that I want to spray second time right away.hail cut some branches part way.will it hurt to spray crop.I expect crop will recover but do not really know much about hail and canola at this stage.

I think I'd give it a few days if you can. Early hail won't affect yield, may even help but it's under stress already as it recovers. I would look at it the same as if you got a good frost on it.

Comment

The plant is hurting..not sure if I would give it a drink of chemical?

Comment

I would wait a couple days, also add a foliar fertilizer too. I would recommend canola releaf.

Comment

Agree with breadwinner

Comment

I would be concerned about Blackleg, damage such as hail or flea beetles, or wind blast opens up the tissue, making a point for infection.

A pass with a fungicide with your herbicide would be an option.

It doesn't need to be a strobi, Tilt is registered, and works quite well. The surfactant will make the Liberty a bit hot, but I never view that as an issue. Some leaf bronzing after Liberty is not a bad thing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...