• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goebel bins?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goebel bins?

Need to put some more storage up. Looking at 4 to 5000 bu hoppers. Priced a bunch of options all in the same ballpark except Goebel bins quite a bit cheaper. Not many around here. Used to westeel mainly. How do they compare? Quality and leaks? Longevity? Any comments appreciated.

Unless they changed something I could post pictures of the failures....I think they are cheap for a reason.

Comment

Darmani is another disaster. Reasonable priced but pathetic customer service. With no communication whatsoever, they sent the money back for the bin set-up after sending numerous complaints to them. Had to find my own bin crew for setting them up, unfortunately after the harvest was done.

Comment

Originally posted by nop View Post
        Darmani is another disaster. Reasonable priced but pathetic customer service. With no communication whatsoever, they sent the money back for the bin set-up after sending numerous complaints to them. Had to find my own bin crew for setting them up, unfortunately after the harvest was done.
        \

How are the bins if you set them up yourself? Metal quality & the like...

Comment

Darmani used to be sukup sheets. I believe they make their own now.
          After my experience with one. Yes a bin is a bin but. Dont mess with anything else they sell. And fixing oddballs gets interesting too.
          So, if you have to buy someone elses aeration and unloads, put it up yourself, have no support, or no parts in time? You need to save big now. Think years down the road.

Comment

You get what you pay for. Goebel and darmani are shit. My brother has a couple darmanis .. If he gave them to me I would sell them for what I paid.

Comment

Just by looking at darmani and goebel next to a westeel they look like garbage. Is the price difference that much? I only have westeel never priced out anything else.

Comment

We bought viterra bins on Dwayne hoppers.they are a westeel spin off..now called Cps bins..
                4000 a bin cheaper than westeel.
                Have more coming this yr.
                Bins made in USA.

Comment

Behlen....now Meridian????? If they are.tied down good enough not to tip in a plow wind they might cave in near the top like a punched empty beer can

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    We bought viterra bins on Dwayne hoppers.they are a westeel spin off..now called Cps bins..
                    4000 a bin cheaper than westeel.
                    Have more coming this yr.
                    Bins made in USA.
                    We have half a yard full of viterra /dwayne bins , excellent and dwayne ent has excellent serrvice. Had a leg crack. Water got in and froze They were very happy to fix it as good as new !!! No questions asked

Comment

Another shitty bin is salundiak. Hardly get a 13" spout into them. Have two in yard and i curse them everytime i put an auger over . Took them a long time to figure that out. And roofs leak on both. Pos bins

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                        Need to put some more storage up. Looking at 4 to 5000 bu hoppers. Priced a bunch of options all in the same ballpark except Goebel bins quite a bit cheaper. Not many around here. Used to westeel mainly. How do they compare? Quality and leaks? Longevity? Any comments appreciated.

DM'd you.

Comment

We have one Goebel hopper. It lets out loud cracks every time you unload it. It sounds like it's gonna give way. I wouldn't buy another one.

Comment

Isn't Goebel the same as Butler? Those butlers were sure poor bins.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...