• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourgault Discount

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourgault Discount

Remember when Bourgault had a 2 yr waiting list for their products?
    Well till the end of June you get a 14% discount if ordering a new piece..
    Thinking of getting a 6450 or 6550..The 550 is $11,000 more..but probably the better choice for resale even if we really don't need it..
    Makes buying a good used one..not an option..
    Deposit only...To be built in December..

To me their distribution system is crude and archaic....mind you it works, but I don't like the two dead head,(primary and secondary) towers. To me it seems Morris's would be much gentler...better "flow".

I think I lost some pea germination (breakage) because they were probably a little drier than they should have been....then with the added air velocity to carry 3 bu/ac and 60 lbs of S15...makes for a rough ride in that system.

Comment

Got ours in 2012.....and felt "lucky and blessed" to get one, (Sarcasm fully intended).

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        To me their distribution system is crude and archaic....mind you it works, but I don't like the two dead head,(primary and secondary) towers. To me it seems Morris's would be much gentler...better "flow".

I think I lost some pea germination (breakage) because they were probably a little drier than they should have been....then with the added air velocity to carry 3 bu/ac and 60 lbs of S15...makes for a rough ride in that system.
        Borage is a tricky one. Easy to damage. A few years back when borage was just beginning around here all the bourgaults had to be reseeded due to that problem . Even now the double shoot bourgaults have to put some phos with borage seed or it destroys it The morris drills all grew .but.... the problem with MORRIS is their goofy tin manifolds. Doesnt matter how good you clean them , you dont get many years out of them , frustrating . They say they listen to farmers but i have been telling them for years to use plastic manifolds , falls on deaf ears . I guess its understandable from their point when a dimple pipe and manifold costs $5-600. We have 14 on this drill .Not so good for farmers . But they are very gentle on seeds ....

Comment

Bourgault sectional control manifold system reduces seed damage incredibly. Have seen the reduced damage in fragile lentil seed especially since we've gone ASC. Would not by a new bourgault without it.

Comment

Get the dual rear wheels on with cart. We have a 6550 with duals and 6450 with rice singles. The duals more than worth whatever extra cost.
            Does anyone have the XTC paralink? Our dealer trying to talk it up over the QDA and saying with a knife with place seed as well as a seed chicken with better trash clearance. Most of the used are the qda version which apparently sacrifices some ground following ability for depth adjustment ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
              .......................the qda version which apparently sacrifices some ground following ability for depth adjustment ease.
              I would say they are right, It doesn't take much of a draw to get it to skip out of the ground or reduce seeding depth or even sharp knolls going deeper than you want. The "working" vertical travel of the opener/shank isn't unlimited! Marrying the two, QDA and XTC, would produce a hybrid offspring that would probably be the best of both worlds. There may be an "engineering" hurdle that prevents it, but it's beyond my simple mind. But in the meantime..... we'll get sold functionally working "prototypes", lol....the evolution of farm equipment, thank God.

Comment

Bourgault reps once told me that out of every 10 new air drills they sell, 9 are Qda. Not so sure that is the case today. We run two qda with high float option and ASC and for the most part have been very happy. XTC versions are making inroads in this area especially in hilly ground. Don't believe there is any perfect system as it well shows that soil conditions are the #1 determining factor for germination with any seeding system. I haven't seen any better germination or establishment with xtc over qda in this area in cropland seeded in the same time frame. On most individual shank seeding systems it appears lack of sufficient packing pressure may have been a huge factor in poor establishment given the hurricane winds and late season dryness. JMO.

Comment

Duals are a $11000 option over the 900'S.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...