• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag Hail Direct

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag Hail Direct

Anybody used this company for hail? There rate is about half of the other companies.

I checked and their rates were slightly less on wheat and barley but more for canola and soybeans. I stayed with smhi and bought pmhi online for my rented land.

Comment

Half of other companies seems hard to believe.

Comment

checked one township, 2.8 ag hail, 3 Canadian, 5 Palliser, next township ag hail 2.6, most others at 3

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
          checked one township, 2.8 ag hail, 3 Canadian, 5 Palliser, next township ag hail 2.6, most others at 3
          Slightly higher rate than ehail.ca on my stuff. Crop insurance seems cheap in comparison to hail insurance. Without it every black cloud makes a guy sweat.

Comment

How are thier adjustors compared to other companies?

Any body have a claim with them compared to another company ?

Would not matter if they were 1/2 price of other companies if they do not pay out the same or better.

Comment

Paid my claim with no questions. Had my choice of their adjustor or using same settlement as my crop ins. I just used crop ins.

Comment

Past experience is still engrained in our memory. Canadian Hail treated us the best in the past. Not so much the one starting with "M" . Each adjusted our lentils - 20% versus 70%. No contest! It's a crazy system, the adjusters should not be hired by the insuring company. There is no government watchdog.

Comment

Been using them for three years now. Cheaper on most of our land. Have been real good to work with.

Comment

On the hail insurance application and during the adjustment, I suggest you don't tell the companies who all is insuring you. If the first one gives you a higher adjustment and the second company wants to be cheap and dirty, they call the first company and try to convince them to reduce their adjustment. The truth is that even the first one was too low because their adjusters don't consider that peas and lentils suffer secondary damage to plant and grade because of disease after the stem is opened to infection.

Comment

Have you ever gotten an ex-farmer who knows something about hail damage come to adjust your crop? Or only the ex-teacher or ex-police officer?

The government really should clamp down on the insurance industry. Right now they have a free-for-all- they just adjust how they like. What kind of adjustment would they give on a $2000/acre chickpea crop? Let's see - new $70,000 half-ton, must be 10%. IMHO

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...