• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roundup on canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roundup on canola

They recommend .33 as a rate for rr canola.we sprayed the first pass and it looks like very poor to zero control of wild millet..
    Monsanto claims it is enough to toast it..anyone else seeing poor results..put in a claim to get Chem back..but what rate do we use for 2nd pass?

Millet should get smoked with third of a liter of 540. I noticed that it takes more rup to kill anything than it used to. Could it be resistance or maybe we are getting crap chemical. We need a place to take samples of chem to be graded just like grain and then we pay accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      They recommend .33 as a rate for rr canola.we sprayed the first pass and it looks like very poor to zero control of wild millet..
      Monsanto claims it is enough to toast it..anyone else seeing poor results..put in a claim to get Chem back..but what rate do we use for 2nd pass?
      I use .5litre first pass most times, don't know about millet but do to get control on grass dandelion and cleavers. 2nd pass .33l and if possible transorb instead of weathermax. Believe yield can be impacted as plants get bigger

Comment

We used transorb HC..

Comment

we always go .4 lt of transorb .(.6 rel) twice , working good

Comment

Check your water pH. Glyphosate works best in acidic water. Alkali which is common this year with it being dry neutralizes the glyphosate

Comment

never was too impressed with the 540 generics.
              maybe my well water.
              again with my water i have never had bad results with clearout.
              the other m power stuff, just not the kick, similar results to the 540

Comment

I have heard that with the higher concentration roundup products that there is less surfactant? The only benefit from the higher concentration is lower storage/handling costs for the retailer?
                Surfactant helps in difficult conditions

Comment

Using dugout water.

Comment

Regarding the higher concentration/surfactant ratio, that makes sense. Unless the surfactant is also a higher concentration, which I can't answer.

We also use dugout water. I had it tested once but haven't in a long time. Doesn't seem to be an issue, we get results from the generic knock-off brands.

We also got ourselves a large black enduraplas tank that empties quite well, looking forward to not having to deal with algae growth in the tank so much.

I shouldn't be replying to this thread because we don't grow RR canola. We're Invigor people. And before someone slams it for not having a decent herbicide option my thought is if your not trying to clean up a disaster, you use enough water, spray it when its hot and sunny, it does it's job. Maybe not as good as glyphosate but there is enough of that stuff used on this farm already.

Comment

Comment

Wow, you still have alot of snow there Farmaholic......lol

I usually throw in a liter/acre of ATS in with the cheap glyphosates. Seems to heat it up a bit. Especially for foxtail barley and small kochia.
                        Although, this spring I have a couple fields that the burnoff did a real poor job on the foxtail barley. Scratching my head a bit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...