• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mallee pyramids

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mallee pyramids

Yeah laugh were i farm rocks sand etc. Priced at 150 per acre when bought in 98 now 600 per acre. Ave yield 1.8 to 3 t ha 14.5 inch rainfall. Suited to cropping and livestock.Yep should farm on praries...easy life. See how this all works done off my phone.

Roller 24 ft barrel 32mm thick refurbished the barrel this year barrel 6t empty of water alas only 4ft high. We have to roll 20% of our country can scoot around at 20 plus kms. Havent worked out how much water roller holds.

Comment

At 3t/ha that land sounds reasonably priced at 600/ac....I had to check the original post to see if that wasn't the price per ha. Why is yield measured in t/ha and land prices in $/ac?

The land rollers here have become real big. Degelman makes five plex in a 64 and 80 footer. ...no water. We only have a 50 footer(three plex).

Farming on the Canadian Prairies is risky AND expensive!.....not for the faint of heart or anyone who knows better! Winters suck here too.

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;347732]At 3t/ha that land sounds reasonably priced at 600/ac....I had to check the original post to see if that wasn't

The land rollers here have become real big. Degelman makes five plex in a 64 and 80 footer. ...no water. We only have a 50 footer(three plex).

Auction price per ha. Ah the years of 1.8 and below hurt either drought or frost. Can get down to 500 kg often a grazing proposition. Id freeze in your winter youd mekt in our summer
        Last edited by malleefarmer; Jun 12, 2017, 00:51.

Comment

I assume once the rocks are picked they dont come back like they can here in some areas?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            I assume once the rocks are picked they dont come back like they can here in some areas?
            mallee maybe doesn't know how frozen ground brings rocks up every year ! they don't have that problem in austrailia

Comment

Glacial till is what i was wondering, but good point.

Comment

nah not picked just rolled and or crushed each time cropped or some sow with a disc seeder reduced rolling byb 80%

Comment

More like what i'm used to from Scotland Mallee. We had stone piles covering acres in every field. Do you have the part buried kind too - the ones the size of a garden shed with just the top foot sticking up? they're the ones that really do a number on machinery. As for frost bringing them up - we never had the ground frozen deep in Scotland but more stones came up every year.

Comment

no iceberg rocks grass just bring up rollem crush em they get smaller evry year just part of farming here.

cheapish land with quite reliable but lowish rainfall reliable is the key word

Comment

Bedrock ledges here used to come up shallow enough to trip the plow in the bad old days.
                      Anything smaller than my head isn't worth picking here or we'd never do anything else

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...