• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How deep does the "rot" typically go

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How deep does the "rot" typically go

It is quite probable that some of the "liars"; treasonous players; bullies etc will eventually be outed at the highest levels of US politics. This will be done by true patriots (most notably including reporters and handfuls of a free "press" and at first a sprinkling of elected representatives) who are most interested in preserving a democratic system of government that as is the real life case.....can easily be perverted into a personal dictatorship.

Now for those who can not see flaws in local Rm politics here is some fake news to sweep to try to sweep under the rugs.

Would anyone choose to vote for someone whose core value is

"When "MR.name not mentioned" comes before council on any matter ...I already know what my decision is"

OR when a council unanimously chooses to appoint a former council member (from an actual lits of candidates) to a municipal board for the sole prior agreed reason that that party wishes to continue to avail himself of the "gold plated" ratepayer funded prescription drug plan etc. etc.

or how about time after time; unanimously rescinding previous council decisions made only months or even a decade ago; that obviously are meant to apply to specific individuals only; and that in similar instances of themselves; their families and supposed friends and enablers; have and will be looked at in the complete reverse.

And the old standby of any member or staff not properly having the authority to "ACT" without the backing of properly passed resolutions of council; current bylaws and the authority of the Municipal Act. Plus; what is commonly ignored...is the refusal of councillors to see that those council motions are indeed carried out in the time frame that those same councillors have just directed in those valid council motions.
    But when these matters are directed to attention of council to consider these and other pretty serious accusations what can everyone expect. You know; what we get is a report of the dead silence of outright guilt. Not a single comment. And please don't anyone suggest a person should have been at the meeting; because its all done from iPads pointed away from the view of a gallery who is deemed to not be welcome at their meeting

And when one subsequently asks that at the next council meeting those same written charges be actually at least finally addressed....would anyone believe the concerns are reported to have been greeted with "Lets move on... there is no request in writing". Well children.... what about the month old request in writing that council had not dealt with in any way; except I guess a second of dead silence.

Oh do we nee a Washington Post or New York Times.....or do we need an informed electorate and people with actual gonads.

What we least need is more enablers.

Huh, did I miss something?

Comment

Elections for public office happen all the time...run.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdog View Post
        Elections for public office happen all the time...run.
        Ever think deeply or shallowly about that. First ; does the electorate care about similar concerns. Ergo there is a lop sided vindication of what has gone on for some decades.

And who wants to be associated in any way with the rotten examples previously provided. JMHO and in fact one eventually can come to the conclusion that at times there are few checks and balances in rural small time local politics.

Comment

Rot is one of the perks of being on a local council. Most wouldn't run if it didn't benefit them personally. Just think of those that had roads fixed, culverts put in, approaches built, buisnesses approved, etc. If you "need something done better run!!!!"

Comment

Oneoff, you should put a slate of candidates together to challenge the incumbants and clean house over the next two elections, the whole "guard" can't be changed in one election because all the divisions don't have elections all at once. You would have to campaign for change and make the electorate feel the need to change the status quo. The electorate is either complacent or satisfied with the status quo, if it's the latter you're beat before you start.

I beleive the things you talk about actually happen but its the people in your RM you need to get through to and convince.

Three things...

It may be hard to break what can be the old boys club

If and when you get a chair at the Councils table, it is likely the most thankless job you will ever have.

You will never please everyone!

Comment

One-off. I believe we have gone through this a few times. But if you believe that there is corruption, or outright fraud then contact municipal affairs.

All councillors must declare land holdings and ownership/ director ship in any company. It makes it easier for municipal affairs to trace.

I was elected last fall for the first time. I don't know about a benefit plan for anyone but RM staff.

Comment

You have to ask to see the declarations one off. These aren't necessarily done at all rms. Gambling that no one will ask.....

Comment

Substantial amalgamation is the only way forward to rid the province of family compact governance that benefits only the family, and their select friends. Until that changes, nothing easy will change at the municipal level.

Is there a math lacking, vote counting skill present in people who believes running for municipal office is the answer? Defeat will be your only accomplishment. That isn't satisfying, that is head banging against the wall, stupid.

You can't out breed these rat colonies, so the second best solution available, since the provincial government doesn't wish to tackle it, is to punish the offspring of the dominant governors. Use your wealth, if you have it, to stop their expansion, and derive some satisfaction from it.

Comment

I've heard of situations where some rural municipalities with a fairly large "squatter" population elect people who don't understand rural issues and that is no better than a group of self-serving councilors.

I would also bet that some RMs have trouble filling councilor seats so anyone with a heartbeat or who can fog a mirror can get elected. You would think there should be a level of competency required to be a public representative and be in control of public funds.

How many RM councilors are actually divided or split on issues or is there one strong headed fellow who rules the rest and too many "Yes Men". A broad range of views and opinions and debate would hopefully precede any decision.

Comment

The declaration is a statutory requirement. The forms go to municipal affairs. No offense but but like hell am I declaring that info for the public to come and check for shits and giggles.

Comment

RM councils have been a problem here for years. We used to have a corrupt Reeve and his council was stacked with yes men. Now we have a incompetent Mayor and corrupt Deputy Mayor and council that are just sheeple.

I have issues with them that are now headed to the Provincial Ombudsman.

Yes I know anyone can run in local elections but, I want my wife and she's stated unequivocally, that if I'm on council our marriage is over.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...