• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One less decision to make...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

land does have corrections up and down.And for those who have been saying a correction down for the last 5 years I am sure eventually you will get it right.But in the past when things hit the fan in farming there was only very local people in the market to buy it.So very few had the ability to buy.This is not true any more. much more money around that will hold up a total crash like we had in the 80s.So if your waiting to gobble up cheap land that you pay for in one crop it ain't going to happen.As long as the population in sask continues to grow land is a very good long term investment.People bring money... money brings people.

Comment

newguy, define cheap. The bar for land prices has been raised dramatically here so even a small correction won't make land "cheap".

But keep some powder dry!

Comment

In this area I would say land never dropped it just didn't sell for a while other than the odd 1/4 then back to selling and at higher prices.

Comment

Wiseguy is spot on correct. The numbers don't add up to purchase land at these prices. But they will get higher because of the outside money from countries short on land and other resources wanting the land.
          Farming is actually in complete disarray governments aren't owned by farmers they are owned by you know who. Therefore they want the land to not belong to family farms.

Comment

still better than investing in a brand new 4wd or air seeder or combine. bought a half section across the road with yard site and house for less than new john deer 4wd. have no use for new ****ing iron or the big payments on it but buying land has never been a regret on our farm.

Comment

Funny.....I've never regretted buying land.....I've sure regretted not buying though.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                Funny.....I've never regretted buying land.....I've sure regretted not buying though.
                how true for everyone

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;347545]newguy, define cheap. The bar for land prices has been raised dramatically here so even a small correction won't make land "cheap".

But keep That is right.But I seen 90 thousand quarters go down to 40 back when things went bad.Just saying that will not happen in that kind of extreme.

Comment

......what a guy, that wiseguy. lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...