• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain gauge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain gauge

As some may know I don't have one set up....rubber boots have been my gauge...if I have to wear them it's too much.

The last little electronic one I owned I shot with my sons paintball gun in 2010....great fun....

But the decision has been made to put one back up again.

I am starting with the simple type but any suggestions for a good fancy one?

We use if ditches running its a half inch if its running over road well thats 1.5-2" If the towns flooding thats 9-11" . Works good. Are you in NE sask also ? You seem to wet a lot like us ?

Comment

Davis electronic, transmits to your phone or computer. All kinds of data, rain rate, daily, monthly, yearly totals. Humidity, temps, wind, long term, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Davis electronic, transmits to your phone or computer. All kinds of data, rain rate, daily, monthly, yearly totals. Humidity, temps, wind, long term, etc.
        I agree davis vantage pro. Set it and forget it. Maybe change the battery once a year thats about all.

Comment

This is the rain gauge we use. its the old fashioned manual dump but I find its very accurate.
          http://www.paiff.org/precision-rain-gauges.php

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Sounds interesting, where do you buy these?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Sounds interesting, where do you buy these?
              Farmtronics sells them. Or you can try amazon.

Comment

Just do what most guys do, park a wheel barrow outside then look in the bottom and guess how deep the water is, but add a bit just to make sure then go to the coffee shop and tell all the neighbors how much rain you got. Boy are they surprised everytime!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...