• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    post something that makes sense not trivial bull shit.
    Like your cocktail mix and holiday tip threads lol?

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
      New canolas have terrible vigor, they bred out the vigor, and all natural pest controls. Actually quite a useless crop. I like the idea of breeding weeds into some useful crops, cant we find a use for wild buckwheat or ladys thumb or red root pigweed seeds?
      I read somewhere that pigweed is an amaranth species and amaranth seeds pop like minature popcorn seeds. In mexico I think they coat the popped seeds in that red sugary crap and sell it as candy.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Big lentil I agree with your comment all new canolas were bred in wet years and won't handle dry.
        how do you know this?not saying your right or wrong but new varieties are doing great in southern Sask where old ones not as good.Even on wetter years we would get some very hot windy days and canola seems to take it much better than years ago.

Comment

Grass just post some thing intelligent. It sure would be nice to here in the thread about crops how your transplant area of manitoba is doing. See when it says crop report its not about friday cocktail. Or do you not understand in winter in canada no crops grow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fat_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	765567

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Grass just post some thing intelligent. It sure would be nice to *here* in the .....
            Irony lol.

Comment

Quit being such a ass and tell us about your crop and your new area. Some of us are interested in that.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                I read somewhere that pigweed is an amaranth species and amaranth seeds pop like minature popcorn seeds. In mexico I think they coat the popped seeds in that red sugary crap and sell it as candy.

About ten years ago the pipeline went through here and due to various factors never closed our area until much later. To our surprise some type of huge Amaranth appeared from the under dirt thatvwas dug up - a monster from hell. It was all over and grew to 7 feet tall in fertile soil with adequate moisture. A mature plant could have a thick woody stem with a 3 inch diameter. In the trees, I needed to take an axe to chop it out. The leaves were as big as a tub and we dreamed of a way to put this plant to good use. A worthy project, maybe I could get a big research grant and rub shoulders with Suzuki and Gore. 😹

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...