• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minny wheat 🌾

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Boom(16) and bust(17). Will it matter what the price of wheat is if I have extremely low production? Too early to write it off(but each day that passes without some "reprieve" is one day closer to dismal results), if something doesn't happen soon how long will it be before the word "critical" describes the situation?
    It will farma, cause you unfortunately won't be alone. When you have a 100 year low wheat acreage base in North America, and the weather we have, rough math tells me could have a big fundamental shift coming in the wheat market.

I gotta think a lot of the spring wheat in the states is fully tillered out and has set it's poor yield. Maybe you guys disagree but that just what I think.

I'm still thinking of waiting to sell more new crop. I sold my first bit a month ago.

Comment

I hear you Happyfarmer, but my point is if I don't have much to sell at high prices it's not the same as a bumper crop and getting good prices for it, like 2017 for us. Best year ever, excellent yields(for us in the Slum of the Ghetto) and I did a pretty good job of marketing it at some decent prices. Can't win every year!

Comment

Some dryer parts getting rain, big cloud with rain hovering over SE Sask all morning.
        Might be enough to make some of us contract fall delivery.
        One strength of wheat board was to give millers opportunity to lock in supply and price.
        Farmer hesitation to sell sometimes works against us, co-operation with buyers is not all bad.

Comment

Market reports lean towards the bear side, govt wants cheap food, low inflation, and big business who publish these reports also wants cheap supplies. As trumps says FAKE NEWS. Mostly good for hanging on a hook in the outhouse.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...