• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I wanted a Drought!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know its dry when SF3 asks for rain!

Comment

Yield in hrs is determined at the 4 or five leaf need our first shower by Sunday or no big bonus.

Comment

Saskfarmer , your in a dry spell , not a drought. Hope you get rains on weekend .
        We were as dry last spring , till the end of June . Some of our land had less than 3/10 May / June . That's still not a drought . It's a dry spell.
        I hope you get rain before we did last year.

Comment

Your correct I am not in a drought. It wet snowed heavy early on then mist on and off in may and now june has been just mist showers. So no its not a drought. Its drying down real nice germ is great on most fields odd poorer spot is thin but one rain and were on our way. I always said you only need 4 one inch rains to grow a crop in Canada. One after seeding one before spraying one in July and one two weeks before its harvest to finish it off.

Its the weather pattern thats funny this year. That i know has changed hopefully it moves a little back.

Comment

Moisture possibilities for the weekend are diminishing.
            Anybody's bin doors slamming shut yet?
            Or are they blowing in the wind?

Comment

Question for everyone who needs rain. How far down to moisture ? I talked to a friend who needed rain terribly to germ the planted crop but had lots of moisture a little deeper. I remember trenching in a water line through a written off crop in 1988 and there was no moisture down 8 feet. I get the impression now that one good rain will make the moisture meet up and we are on the way. On our own farm in the southeast we have been so wet since 2010 that the sloughs are still leaking water and we made lots of bad ruts during seeding. hope to see some rain this weekend though

Comment

Drought is defined as a long period of dryness or lack of moisture that in injurious to crops, when I said I am facing a possible drought in the face, I think I am correct. This could get ugly here. No way I will grow a crop on "reserve" moisture without a little help from the sky.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...