• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I wanted a Drought!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I wanted a Drought!

The one thing i hate more than excess rain is wind. I could never be a sailor as i hate fracking wind. This spring has been idiotic to say the least.

100km and less almost every day. Sunday was the first really nice warm hot day and then well monday went right back to idiotic wind.

Yes seeding was awesome at the end and thanks to idiotic wind and no rain we were actually able to get some acres back. Not many but some. Fields worked last fall are looking real nice. But we had almost a foot of wet snow early this spring.

So drought is now starting to come up on other chat boards and guys south of the valley are saying its dry, very dry and we need a rain in a week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9596.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	777592

Most is germinated north of the valley but yes our first real rain could happen any day to get this crop on its way.

Roots in cereals and peas are going down down down. Good for hot July.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9594.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	777591

So back to the drought. Its funny west sask and Alberta the rain comes strait up from the USA and hits all way to battle ford before going north to Laronge.

So it seems to me the wettest area of the provinces SE Sask north and SW Manitoba are now in a about face and are the driest areas in west in one year.

Its due to jet stream but funny how weather can change.

Ah its not climate change its weather.

Hopefully we don't have 15 years of drought!

Rain in moderation is grain.

That's why JT says we need to pay Carbon tax to prevent drought, floods, hail, heat, frost, wind, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes....the magic of TAX.

McKenna stated on CBC again that CO2 is POLLUTION! What a bunch of twits!

Comment

Careful what you ask for, you just might ****ing get it. We were never really horribly wet here except for one a year, maybe two. And even then we were able to always get a large percentage of our farm seeded...maybe not the best conditions those years but not like some people had to deal with. ....this too dry is no ****ing good either!

Comment

Dry is one thing but it's this hurricane wind every day that gets me. It's coming on 2 weeks straight! It takes a toll on your mind and body. At least me anyway. Everything you do is 2 or 3x harder when your fighting this wind everyday.

Comment

The wind is the result of the huge vacuum cleaner from Ottawa trying to suck the west dry . Watch the tax dollars get sucked right out of your pockets via the carbon tax ultra vacuum .

Comment

You better watch what you say furrow trudeau will send in his crew to lay some charges. They seem to love doing that.

Comment

Keep it coming... enjoying drought 2017.
              Finally making some progress in drying things up a bit.
              Sure the top is dry but the crop is rooting in nice. Good for a couple weeks yet without rain.
              Although the wind could go away.

Comment

I am laughing reading the news....here's how wacked out the left is.....someone burns a little rubber on a gay pride cross walk.....left wing "it's a hate crime!!!"

Me "what the **** kind of car did that guy have to lay down am 11 like that!"

What next. Feelings hurt.

Comment

Always a few surprises among the multitude of sloughs and wet spots that we have contended with for the past few years.
                  A few have soaked away and been able to seed through, most need another year and then there there are the spring and seepage areas which are unpredictable.
                  Until we have seen it with our own eyes, hard to describe the variance from one extreme to the other.

Comment

Looks like the wind really got to this guy over in unity....

Comment

Those peas look great!

Comment

Funny , never even mentioned him

Comment

Originally posted by jake550 View Post
                          Keep it coming... enjoying drought 2017.
                          Finally making some progress in drying things up a bit.
                          Sure the top is dry but the crop is rooting in nice. Good for a couple weeks yet without rain.
                          Although the wind could go away.
                          My experience with really wet ground and then it turns dry is the roots get stranded. Any wet hole is the first to burn up when it turns dry. As for the wind come to southern Alberta. Wind warnings don't even start here till 100km a hour

Comment

You have been begging for this for years !

Comment

Omg!!!! It's under 15 degrees here and the humidity is real high....feels like its pouring here!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...