• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Prices

Canola waking up again... any predictions?

If growing conditions don't smarten-up "across" Western Canada you have to wonder how many 2018 stocks there will be?

Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock.....time is of the essence

November 17 Canola contract has been as high as 520 That seems like a reasonable target this month

AAFC says 350,000 carryout for 2017-18. That seems reasonable too. Razor thin considering the size of the canola market now

Comment

↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↠—↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗⠆—↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗ ↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↠—↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗↗⠆—

Comment

Depends on how much they need.
        RP shutting down in yorkton at the end of the month.
        Hauling our June contract to Wadena instead of yorkton.

Comment

If I was to price any new crop now, it would be just one more reason to have my head examined!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Canola waking up again... any predictions?

If growing conditions don't smarten-up "across" Western Canada you have to wonder how many 2018 stocks there will be?

Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock.....time is of the essence
            Shes no good here either. Little bit of canola thats up is getting mangled by flea beatles with lumiderm and whatever that other shit is called on the nexera

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              If I was to price any new crop now, it would be just one more reason to have my head examined!
              The way this crop is starting out, lots of uncertainty, should be driving prices, but how could you gamble on growing much at all...
              None priced yet...

Comment

Have a half or lentils that had a 100 acres buried by neighbours blowdirt in the late may windstorm, grew through, got buried and sand blasted for most the day again today. If your field is blowing every other ****ing day do something reseed, cultivate do something or ill do it for you. Am I wrong?
                Last edited by biglentil; Jun 5, 2017, 21:49.

Comment

Sry for derailing thread. A guy would have to be looney to be pricing new crop canola right now imo. If we are lucky its a replay of 2015 we get good rains in mid June and it runs 35 bpa. Thats best case scenario in my opinion. Worst case 2017 is the 50 year Jubilee event as per religious scholars of the bible and the combines stay in the shed.

Comment

Yes canola looks fair to poor..but remember stats can will spin it into a bumper crop some how..
                    They are half brothers to THE USDA
                    you know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...