• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trespassing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is there needs to be a lot more respect for farms of all sizes . There is an arrogant attitude out there that needs to change . We all do the same thing for the same purpose - for the love of farming .
    And that respect needs to change with the young guys starting on some of those farms too.
    We are all trying to raise families on our farms regardless of size .
    This land grab circus lately is part of the root cause .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      All I know is there needs to be a lot more respect for farms of all sizes . There is an arrogant attitude out there that needs to change . We all do the same thing for the same purpose - for the love of farming .
      And that respect needs to change with the young guys starting on some of those farms too.
      We are all trying to raise families on our farms regardless of size .
      This land grab circus lately is part of the root cause .
      Absolutely agree. The image of the trustworthy honest down to earth farmer that society has is fading away.

Guys are getting way too aggressive. Had one neighbor take rental land from another neighbor that had it 20 plus years for $5 an acre more this spring. Couple other neighbors that got in a scrap over rental land few years back and has escalated to having police involved.

Everybody needs to relax a bit and respect the neighbors.

Comment

I've always wondered how you deal with property lines when there is no fence? Rarely an issue here since nearly all land is fenced, and I have very few borders that aren't a road, muskeg or my own property on the other side. In the days before GPS/ auto steer, how did you even know where the line was supposed to be? Do you seed right next to each other, or leave a strip? how close to neighbors do you spray?

My experience is that farmers, especially cattle guys know that shit happens and live and let live, the horse people and city types who move out here are mostly completely opposite.

As long as I have cows, I refuse to get upset at someone, or someones livestock causing me harm, since I know it could be my cows on their front lawn tomorrow.

Had a new neighbor unload a large herd of horses onto his newly acquired property without even checking fences ( there were none in places) then left the province for a week. after they spent a couple of days roaming my canola and hay field adjacent, another neighbor thought I might want to know about it. I chased them back in, found a pasture to lock them up, built a fence ( not my property on either side) and never caused the guy any trouble. A year later he repays the favor by threatening me and my hired help and demanding damages because he thinks my help damaged the county road in front of his yard.

As it turns out, good fences really do make good neighbors. Can't imagine the 10,000 acre straight grain guys taking advantage of that though...

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
          Talk about a problem!!! How about having a organic guy beside you that has his field polluted with beautiful yellow and white flowers. Every time the wind blows or the water runs he is damaging my property. What a mess!!!
          simple solution, buy him out big shot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
            simple solution, buy him out big shot!!!
            Im not too worried. If you farm like that it will be for sale pretty quick. I will just spray with the wind in his direction for now.

Comment

Breadwinnner you may want to think twice about leaving that post up. Never know who may decide to use it against you.

Comment

Oh ya this topic must be pro lefty and granola muchers only!!! BTO s need not reply.

Comment

Same issues across the fence her for years...good news the weeds were rented to a LARGE Wadena Farm, with Case sprayers,,,no more polluting our land!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...