• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flea beetles,,,holy Crap ! ! !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea beetles,,,holy Crap ! ! !

Just finished up seeding and making the rounds, only to find a field nearly devastated to hungry flea beetles. Hope the wind stays down so I can get it sprayed, otherwise I'll be reseeding.

Plan to use Decis5EC and throw in 200 grams of Glyphosate as there's some volunteer wheat coming now.

Anything better to use as an insecticide?

Guys, check your young canola.

Reseeding going on east of here due to fleas.
    A lot of spraying going on , around crazy winds .... not fun
    Anything seeded into high pressure rotations getting hit bad regardless of seed treatment.
    99% stripped fleas
    Mostly on canola seeded before the 15 th here , but now showing up everywhere

Comment

We have used Matador even at 160 ac / jug. If you see it early enough .
      No activity one day than 2 days later it's not good .
      Agree , check daily now

Comment

Also try to remember not to get too excited... fleas need to eat to die :
        This is only 25% ..

Comment

The danger is loosing that tender first true leaf, the one in the pic still looks good.

Have used Matador in the past,,,but "the book" doesn't show it being tank mixable with glyphosate, that's why I was looking at Decis.

Comment

Yup , use what u need too , with fleas there is not a lot of time to wait if you need to go .
            I rarely use "registered " stuff
            The last time I did things as per my chef rep it cost us $300,000 ..... never again

Comment

Chem rep that is ..

Comment

Matador can be tank mixed with Glyphosate, and it provides a bit of residual activity. Decis would program on canola treated with Prosper if the canola was recently seeded (seed treatment still protecting)

Comment

No residual with decis, use matador or sevin. Ive sprayed decis 3x one year. Never used it again, free or not from he seed co.

Comment

If you are spraying on Dekalb canola..they will cover some of the matador cost...

Comment

PHI is Matador as well , through Syngenta/ Dupont hotlines .

Comment

Thanks for all the tips gang, got product this morning and put it down. Retailer also mentioned the Syngenta line number.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...