• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinepicker , that's what happened here last year , we got very little through till July 1 st.
    but I think you guys in the south may even be drier yet than we were last year now with insistent winds
    Hope the rain come soon down there
    We are now developing a blocking pattern here now as well .

Comment

We were extremely wet here last year (40 plus in. ) seeding was tough off the start. fields still wet a couple in. down. Still remember telling myself after 88, " i'll never complain about rain again " sk3, you can have your seven years of drought that you said you wanted a year or two ago on here.

Comment

Finally got some time this morning to get some side by side pictures of the Horsch planter and our drill in canola ....

Comment

The Bourgault at 4.7 lbs
          The Horsch at 2.1 lbs
          Seeded same day

Comment

That wheat stubble , coulter harrowed once last fall .
            Harder to see but established much the same as the pea stubble . Slightly behind the pea stubble but also seeded 4 days later

Comment

horsch looks great! Do hardheads ( the ones in the ground ) have a negative effect on planter at high speed? Damage?

Comment

So far no issues , but I would likely be more careful in rocky fields
                Every seed row unit is independent so that helps . But I would not tear into a rocky field at 9-10 mph with the Horsch, no lol

Comment

I will also get some pictures of the Horsch planter seeded in mud around potholes .
                  It is rock hard now but established exactly the same . Seemed not to get the crusting issues our other drill did . Plus zero wheel tracks so wet areas at the time not an issue now .

Comment

Fuhrertickler doesn't have rocks, I was talking to him about it and he said he has "nein" rocks, I said that isn't very many! We have rocks and I asked him that if I quit picking/taking the rocks Mother Nature offers me would she stop giving them to me? ;-)

Comment

Lol , well ya we don't have many . Not as bad as some areas for sure . Basically nein, lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Lol , well ya we don't have many . Not as bad as some areas for sure . Basically nein, lol
                        We have lots now but made them with the cultivator ,lol

Comment

Like one guy said - he can proudly boast his farm doesn't have a single rock - they are all married with large families!

Comment

I have lots of rocks to go around was thinking of advertising in the city for a u pick rock farm 5 bucks a pail.

Comment

What is a rock? that term is unfamiliar to me.

Comment

Oh we have rocks , just not the big stag heads .
                                Not boasting at all , just telling it like it is , I was asked and I answered the question

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...