• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was done last Monday , finished the last of custom corn today . Well one guy left next weeek . Finished potholes today cleaned out drills - I know don't shoot me .
    Got 500 ac wheat sprayed, 450 ac centurion on peas and the first shot 300 ac rr canola done .
    Need a rain here actually.
    Taking a few days off ... later
    Ohh , sweet corn up and looking ok
    And the canola seeded with the Horsch planter at 2.1 lbs /ac looking ok so far 🤞..

Comment

That canola plant population looks amazing. I don't even want to go out and look at our frosted flea beetle bitten shit any more. Good thing the other two thirds is better, no frost and much less beetle feeding. Rain please....

Comment

2.1 lbs, half price seed twice the germ, wow!

Comment

Was kinda neat to seed canola at 8 mph
          Although will not use a fwa ever again without wieghts in the front end . Talk about a bucking bronco lol
          It is designed to seed 8 - 10 mph , so a 40 ft is doing 35-40 ac / hr ..... if equipped right , the same as a 75-80 ft drill
          Those pics werr at 7.5 mph
          We did a trial , although only side by side - *** you tweety , of 6 , 8 and 10 mph
          Also 2.1 , 1.5 and 1 lb / ac
          Will get pic of that tomorrow now that I have a few min to spare
          Also will get some side by side of that planter at 2 lbs and our old one at 4.7!lbs , again not super duper replicated trials tweety, reality of time a factor .. but actual side by sides same day same fert . We are are already seeing about a 2-3 day difference in maturity .
          But nervous on the flea beatle pressure right now
          The plants per m2 not much different even from the 12 in to 15 in ... of course only side by side , but kinda replicated on 4 1/2 sections and a 1/4 .
          We will do a count in the next few days , but might go fishing first .
          The 12 in is a 3 in paired row opener drill

Comment

Well we got to 40% today. Area is probably 40-70% done with some small guys completed. Most combining, burning, working in 2016 crop completed. Furrow those shots of the canola look amazing and have me jealous. I guess I could send a pic of our canola but it's just blue bags in the shed yet. Spent most of the day putting a track back on after the challenger tried going without at 11 pm last night. Of course it was on a nice side hill with soft ground so it was lots of fun. Started raining again tonight (not predicted) and probably about an inch so far. The alfalfa was slow coming and it's looking pathetic from winterkill. Thought it would shine with this wet weather but I'll have to adjust my expectations on it. Granny's 90th birthday is on Saturday so I guess I'll be able to enjoy cake without worrying about the drill not moving after this unnecessary moisture.
            The winch truck sure is handy this year.
            Last edited by woodland; Jun 2, 2017, 04:18. Reason: Typo

Comment

Furrow we looked at the Horsh before and like its design but in their big field drill. I do like the plant survival your getting at the 2.8 lb. Maybe canola can be seeded different.

Comment

Funny maybe their is a blocking pattern developing for southern sask. Wind is the devil again today.

Comment

Howling up here as well . Showers around but not much here .
                  Most guys got done here the last few days .
                  Still was combines rolling north east of here a few days ago. Counted 7 given er the other night up there.
                  Just a few guys left that have big acres , had trouble or both here and a few oat acres here and there.
                  West of here it is still a struggle , but this week helped a lot .
                  Some reseeding going on from poor / slow canola emergence and Beatle pressure. West of here that had 3-4 in rains last week have buried canola in spots and that's causing more problems now as well . Problem is , there is ZERO bags of early maturity canola left anywhere to be found .

Comment

First actual rain of the spring here this evening.

Comment

Celebrating here tonight - got a full inch out of that storm. Hope others who needed it got some too.

Comment

Well 2/3 done , nice moon, supposed to rain . Soil is ugly , like kneeling on crushed rock , knees are raw. Gotta watch you dont roll an ankle on the lumps Sad to say but lots of this shit will need rain .too bad we had to work it wet but just ran out of days . Probably woulda made more money with the $100/ac , hard to not go if its at all possible

Comment

How much did you get Stonepicker? West of Killarney got barely enough to wet the ground.

Comment

Oh boy, here we go let the "Thunder Shower Lottery" begin! Funny thing, we all bought tickets when we seeded the crop(paid for inputs)! LOL Speaking of Lottery,,, time to check Lotto Max, maybe I don't have to care anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                              How much did you get Stonepicker? West of Killarney got barely enough to wet the ground.
                              Not quite 2/10th. it seemed like more when it was raining lol. That puts me at 3/10 for the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                Oh boy, here we go let the "Thunder Shower Lottery" begin! Funny thing, we all bought tickets when we seeded the crop(paid for inputs)! LOL Speaking of Lottery,,, time to check Lotto Max, maybe I don't have to care anymore!
                                Yup, like most years...we missed them this last go round...Watson got wet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...