• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reseeding frosted canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reseeding frosted canola

Had my first 20% get hit. Reseeded my first field 5 days after. It looked terrible. Left another 5 fields. Itll be 2 weeks tomorrow since frost.lots still had first true leaf green and looked like they'd make it. But looking today. Plants that were ok were just doing nothing. Not growing, and at a closer look, The stem is starting to pinch off really bad. And is choking the canola to death slowly and drying them out. It ain't gonna make it. Almost like dampening off but up higher. Anyhow. She's f'ed.
    As stressful as it is..... I'd like to let everyone know, the easiest part was talking to the pioneer rep. I love having a farm rep at these times. And Monsanto rep was great to deal with also just had to get through a layer of sceptics to get to him.
    So this is a shout out to the reps who I believe want what's best for farmers too.
    I feel like there's enough complaining on here, and I'm one of them, so wanted to say something positive out of a shitty situation.
    I haven't heard of a prestigious area other than pockets of southern manitoba. So I think a lot of us are dealing with a rough start.
    Good luck to everyone out there!

👍👍
    You are right , it's been a tough start most everywhere .
    Reseed situations are starting to pop up daily .
    There are fortunate pockets out there but they are shrinking daily with excessive winds and beetle populations very high in areas. Also hard crusting soils are causing very stressful emergence of canola
    It's not complaing, it's dealing with the fact that growing crops can be extremely challenging at the best of times.
    It's not all , collect the subsidized programs and get rich doing it like some may think.
    Good to hear comments like yours in stressful situations - that don't happen often.
    Hopefully it turns out ok , good luck

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...