• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so wet but so dry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so wet but so dry

good grief spring started off crazy wet and now where seeded dry like a desert what was mud is concrete dam wind!

+1

Our canola seeded into mud on May 11 still isn't fully emerged.

Could also be a 3.65 tkw. Not sure what kind of vigor you get out of seed that size.

Comment

I know it's getting late but our clay is really wet and I have not seeded it for that same reason. It seems that as soon as I touch wet clay the hot dry wind will blow and turn it to concrete. There are drills running all around me pulling up wet clay slabs that will turn into bricks. I just hope everyone can get a little shower to get everything started, but I need it to stay dry so I can get this sour ground seeded!

Comment

Pretty much done seeding other than one last field that's just to wet but the title sums up me too. Got canola and wheat struggling to break through a hard crust on surface from last week's monsoon and this week's sun and wind.

Made dust seeding last couple days (first time this year), top mostly dry but quite often tractor lugs down and you look back and castor wheels on drill pushing mud. Just sinks a foot. Wet below. Never got stuck but gonna have a pile of rough fields.

Comment

Same here, silty loam and STILL the wet lumps are rock hard, unpackable, poor uneven germ.
          Under the surface it has NEVER been stickier. Terrible hard pulling cult/drill through it.
          Got a half an inch a week ago, lumps still allowed moisture to dry out.
          Last few fields much better seed bed, we all should have just started now. Still WINDY next few days.

Comment

You never know FJ I might get a little better seeding conditions and then froze out in the fall or have a big rain come and get shutout completely. You might be combining at the end of Aug. and me at the end of Sept.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...