• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting Loses...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you think i'm not a farmer? Because i don't incessantly whine like the typical agriville poster that is apparently unable to make any money and hates farming, but is not skilled in anything else so they are trapped?

Comment

Walked some early seeded fields tonight(peas and wheat). As mentioned in an earlier post, not much volunteer grain or weeds germinated. Hard to justify 20+ dollars/ac herbicides! Some peas are recovering from the frost and some are at the six node stage basically look untouched by frost(in the same field) ...fun timing for herbicides! Wheat looks unscathed....as I said any fool can grow it. Maybe the fungicides can stay at the Retailer's chem shed this year (ya I know...too early to call it yet). Drove across canola today to seed pot holes....the stuff not frozen isn't just too bad....rain would make it better! Bit of a downer reading Drew's opinion of precip for SE Sask...he thinks probably won't change for a while yet. Yikes! Cheap out? If things don't improve there's going to be some long faces this fall. Some canola isn't establishing in this area. Seems crop is standing still, or at the very best "slow", above ground...roots probably chasing moisture deeper! Not the year to be farming lighter land! not very pretty, huh!
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 2, 2017, 21:24.

Comment

Tweety...there are allot of very skilled farmers out there in more than growing a crop. Funny thing is most other businesses have separate people for mulitple jobs....in farming multiple jobs are done by the individual farmer. Not in all cases but many. Do as much as you can yourself...saving money is like making money!

Why are you being so adversarial? Even the Devil's Advocate takes a rest. With all due respect, if you find the site too whiney why do you come back?

Comment

Then why other then Stonepicker, all responses are so very very negative, to the point of ridiculing anything positive?

No one sees a problem there?

Or get ridiculed because i won't just automatically believe a product works without asking to be shown some legit peer reviewed research.

So ya, keep kicking people out and asking them to leave till the most vocal all agree with each other. Great forum concept.....

Definitely not very pretty at all. Hopefully you get some rain on them. Here in western SK, it won't stop raining. Sounds like a perfectly normal year in farming.
          Last edited by tweety; Jun 2, 2017, 22:47.

Comment

There not all "negative ", some just disagree with you. Ya some are but reread the posts. Just because someone disagree's does not mean it's negative ... well to most people lol

Comment

Sometimes hard to swallow facts are perceived as negative.

I try to temper my negativity with a small amount of positive comments! Notice I never said "balance"...lol!

Comment

You guys don't know who tweety is?
                Call the provincial ag ministers office has his own name plate and everything. Hahahaha

Comment

The next acre i seed will be my first, let the the bitching continue, my tractor just stopped steering.
                  All whiners bring beer to my place.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Then why other then Stonepicker, all responses are so very very negative, to the point of ridiculing anything positive?

No one sees a problem there?

Or get ridiculed because i won't just automatically believe a product works without asking to be shown some legit peer reviewed research.

So ya, keep kicking people out and asking them to leave till the most vocal all agree with each other. Great forum concept.....

Definitely not very pretty at all. Hopefully you get some rain on them. Here in western SK, it won't stop raining. Sounds like a perfectly normal year in farming.
                    You were the one who started it as usual. Arrogant ignorant remark to the fellow reseeding his canola do you think anyone wants to reseed his canola ?? Buts its all good as long as its you doing it

Comment

Its an interesting culture. That is all.

Big wheel, true to form. Your post provides what? Yours is the perfect common hateful post to exactly quantify the endemic problem, attack the person because there is nothing intelligent to say.

Comment

Tweety what is wrong with defending your way of life. I for one am so tired of non farming people in urban sk crying because food is too expensive because farmers are making too much money or we are polluting the environment or we live for govt cheques. I gets old after a while and people get defensive after a few years. It seems to be the rural urban split and some of these urban people think they know more about ag than farmers. More than once iv had some slick dude from the city stop at my place and tell me I have a sick or dying cow out on my grass paddock and the animal is just sleeping. I even had some idiot stop and tell me coyotes were chasing my cows and it was really my own dog out with cows hunting gophers so it's stuff like this is why I have no patience for urban idiots.

Comment

Either do i. Those ****ers with their 15,000$ razrs cutting up fields like its their own playground. Off road doesn't mean on my fields. With zero till i bounce thru those the next 10 years, assholes.

Or hunters, come on my land and shoot stuff, come in with the big quad crashing thru trees wrecking stuff - and don't even ask for permission.

I could go on, also hate those idiots, but.....

Why treat our own the same way - and call them a everything but a farmer, attacking them, not the comment, calling them one of those Razr riding jerks, or a politician, or .... - just because they have a different opinion then perhaps the majority?

Challenge the comment, not attack the poster.

Comment

That I agree with tweety , drives me nuts.
                            But half of the culprits here are farm kids too. It's just a total lack of respect period .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...