• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ontario vs Alberta debt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario vs Alberta debt

As a proud Albertan, I'm now officially embarrassed . . . .

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies/race-to-the-bottom-comparing-the-recent-deficits-of-alberta-and-ontario

Yes Errol the Alberta NDP has certainly distinguished itself in the realm of financial incompetence. It takes some real doing to out deficit spend the Ontario government the former champions of fiscal misconduct. As a proud Albertan whose family roots go back over 100 years I am baffled how anyone who can add can continue to support this government.

Comment

I'm not embarrassed I'm disgusted. .

Comment

Don't like the debt either....disgusted at how coffers were already in red when ND's took over, out of the most financially lucrative years in Alberta's history. Although the debt does scare me, it seems to have worked to a degree......
        "The Conference Board released growth forecasts for each province Monday, which showed that Alberta’s economy will grow 3.3 per cent next year – the highest growth rate in the country – followed by 2.5 per cent real GDP growth in both Saskatchewan and British Columbia."
        How well, time will tell......

Comment

Its pretty obvious the politicians and bureaucrats wanted the same wages as their ceo oil patch counterparts. These clowns actions are clearly unsustainable. One hates to be pessimistic but who in the h*ll is going to turn it around.

Comment

When you spend $2 for every $1 you make , sooner or later your screwed

Comment

There's a sign in Regina and it says, "There is life after debt" so what's the problem?

Comment

Well I can't wait for another election in saskatchewan. At least then we might get another stadium another bypass and for heavens sake some gravel thrown in to all
                Those pot holes and then sand sealed over top so we at least look decent for a few weeks. We ll not include all
                Those costs in the election talk and the. When the first budget comes out just hammer all those
                Suffering the most to pay for it. Hahahaha

But maybe them greens and Ndp man what a bunch should be a minimum percent of seats required to include yourself in a coalition to overthrow a government. I mean really with just 3 seats you should hold the power to determining who s government. I think you should have to have a minimum of 20%or so of seats to change a gov.

Comment

Yea big wheel a typical NDP can't understand that Ontario under the NDP years ago and Alberta now wrecked two great provinces. Now you want saskatchewan to go down in flames with your NDP.

Really

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Yea big wheel a typical NDP can't understand that Ontario under the NDP years ago and Alberta now wrecked two great provinces. Now you want saskatchewan to go down in flames with your NDP.

Really
                    Unfortunately even the NDP would be an improvement in Ontario

Comment

A lot of things would change if balanced budgets were the law.

Comment

Timing is everything. The loss of revenue from big oil. Alberta was screwed no matter who was elected. In Sask, Wall came in on an upswing in the economy, oil and grain were going up. If he had lost he last election, the change would have been blamed on whoever was elected.

Comment

Well, SF#....it wasn't the ND's who wrecked Alberta...actually, we are doing better than I thought we would..and are on track for leading the country in GDP growth...the Cons left the coffers empty, infra structure behind and cronies in high paid jobs ..but, I guess I really don't expect you to see any of that ....

Comment

Your a real special person, 70 billion Debt and your prowd of the NDP. Really here's your sign.

Comment

Certainly don't like it...however, believe no matter who hadn't gotten in, it would be near that, already on way with Prentice....but how do you explain coffers being bare, infrastructure needing major work, high paid cronies in departments, corps not paying royalties and tax? And , this when we were "high rollers"....sorry, corruption doesn't cut it..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...