• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash Deal More Expensive

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Deal More Expensive

so ---- buying a new aluminum fishing boat, say , "if I pay cash-what price?" I am told it will cost me more because dealer won't get a kick-back from the bank as when financed. I checked with RV sales firm and it is true. F those banks!

I heard this same story on 100k pickups.

This will end badly

Iceman Out

Comment

This is common these days. Any dealer doesn't care about cash because they will get your money if you commit to buy. They get a nice administration fee and benefits from the banks. This is common practice at this time. I am guessing that this will change if there is ever to be a credit crisis. In the meantime interest is cheap and readily available for all the stuff we desire with only a quick, one sheet credit application and your shaky signature!

Comment

A cash deal has meant dick for atleast the last 20 years. Sick to hear it'll be even a poorer deal.

Comment

That's just wrong. When back door kickbacks trump cash. Just think how much prices are artificially inflated to compensate for that bullshit.

Comment

There is a Chev dealership that does this in Saskatoon.

Told our senior citizen neighbours a SUV would cost more for cash vs financing!

Comment

All that needs to be said is, "how much are you, Mr. Salesman, going to make on the SUV, boat, whatever, if I walk with my cash out your door."

No one with cash needs to put up with that BS at any time.

Comment

Really f em up and buy used. Better yet, pravately.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  Really f em up and buy used. Better yet, pravately.
                  Thats exactly what i was going to say, leave the buying new to those that feel they need to trade or auction off the entire fleet every year.

They are only trying to spend the input capital cash or land financed by input capital to keep the image from the road up

Used is a huge advantage for my operation

Comment

Really, it is the fault of the banks. Those f'ers are getting our society in so deep, and there's no stopping it. Now they'll even bribe those suckers to take the money.

Comment

And you say its the bank's fault???

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                        And you say its the bank's fault???
                        Exactly! Who's fault is it?

Comment

Compare leasing..we term we got on a 17 Explorer the 3 yr payments are way less than the hit would be if we owned it..

Comment

Sometimes you can take over some one elses lease for cheap, cheaper, cheapest. How could you buy a new Jeep Trail Hawk and drive it for 3 years for $303/ month or $10,800 depreciation? In 3 years time, what could you get for that used Jeep on the resale market? It's a forty thousand dollar vehicle, in 3 years, resale might, maybe get you $20-$25,000.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Sometimes you can take over some one elses lease for cheap, cheaper, cheapest. How could you buy a new Jeep Trail Hawk and drive it for 3 years for $303/ month or $10,800 depreciation? In 3 years time, what could you get for that used Jeep on the resale market? It's a forty thousand dollar vehicle, in 3 years, resale might, maybe get you $20-$25,000.
                              Exactly but i will add another comment

As i am always reminded, leasing verses buying will end up the same at the end of the day. Leasing is a great sales tactic to get people to bite on the new unit. Farmers can be the biggest suckers by falling for the lease because it gives the appearance of being cheap because of the way the lease is drawn up. They are only measuring based on a cash flow payment, not actual cost to run.

If you buy it and take a loan its pretty much the same as a lease.

Find the right piece of equipment to do the job. Doesn't always have to be mee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...