• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA Sony Perdue versus Canada's Minister of Agriculture Lawrence MacAuley? Opinions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDA Sony Perdue versus Canada's Minister of Agriculture Lawrence MacAuley? Opinions?

Comparing the USA's Sonny Perdue with Canada's Lawrence MacAuley?
    Any opinions. I don't really know who Lawrence MacAuley is and what he stands for.
    In a short period of time you get a feel for who Sonny is. Any thoughts?

It's a pleasant little sound bite but what will the reality be? I'm all for improving incomes and profitability of farmers but when the agenda USDA has pursued in recent decades has been dictated to them by Cargill, Monsanto and their ilk and this has been the main cause of declining farm incomes and profitability what will this guy do? Will he be the one to make a stand and back the farmer and turn USDA policy on it's head or will the status quo remain? I'm not holding out a lot of hope he will be able to make that kind of change even if he wanted to.

Comment

Listening to American farmers (talk radio), they're very happy with Purdue and his Undersecretary and others in the administration. Sounds like Purdue is a true ag guy. Grew up on a dairy farm and spent a career in agribusiness. He has a strong desire to see rural America thrive. Purdue wants to strongly promote trade of US ag goods.

Contrast to Macaulay, our own Minister and I know next to nothing about him. I haven't heard his back story or anything about his goals for the industry. That may be a good thing as I really don't need gov't in my business.

As far as Monsanto or others pulling strings, lobby is everywhere. Influence is everywhere. Always has been. Is Monsanto influence in the US more damaging than Sask Wheat Pool influence in Canada? I would argue not.

Comment

good video , thanks! i have no idea who our guy is ??? haven't heard him comment on zero seeded in a BIG,BIG,BIG,BIG area , wonder if he even knows???? lets face it , ag means SFA to our govt

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          Listening to American farmers (talk radio), they're very happy with Purdue and his Undersecretary and others in the administration. Sounds like Purdue is a true ag guy. Grew up on a dairy farm and spent a career in agribusiness. He has a strong desire to see rural America thrive. Purdue wants to strongly promote trade of US ag goods.

Contrast to Macaulay, our own Minister and I know next to nothing about him. I haven't heard his back story or anything about his goals for the industry. That may be a good thing as I really don't need gov't in my business.

As far as Monsanto or others pulling strings, lobby is everywhere. Influence is everywhere. Always has been. Is Monsanto influence in the US more damaging than Sask Wheat Pool influence in Canada? I would argue not.
          Why not have the minister for oceans and fisheries come from Saskatchewan. would actually be more appropriate then the minister of ag from PEI. 2 farmers in Alberta farm more land then all of PEI

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
            Why not have the minister for oceans and fisheries come from Saskatchewan. would actually be more appropriate then the minister of ag from PEI. 2 farmers in Alberta farm more land then all of PEI
            The Libs owed Macaulay so voila here is your ministry. Shows the respect the Libs have for Agriculture. I still can't figure out why that wasn't more of a story.

Comment

MacAuley telling Saskatchewan that a carbon tax will be good tells you if he cares about Western Canada.

Maybe this maritimer was Justin's most "rural" choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

Maybe this maritimer was Justin's most "rural" choice?

Bingo!

Comment

Qualifications are.... a highly experienced govt official. Goodale better?

Comment

We have an agriculture minister?

Comment

chances are that goodale would at least know the difference between a combine and a plow , wonder why that f$&ker doesn't stand up for sask a little? you would think he would care about this province a little ? I had high hopes for him when this outfit took over , but never hear sfa from him . I wonder why HE didn't ask Trudeau why he didn't put an Ag minister in from the west ??????

Comment

Clearly you have problems grasping what a lifelong career politician needs to do to keep his job.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...