• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obstruction of Justice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obstruction of Justice

The world is apparently full of it. All the way from the president of the United States to some of our local RM Councils. This matter has been brought to the attention of the electorate before...and the vast majority of any electorate is reluctant to initially support the side of what is obviously the only right things to do.

But I'm confident that the suffering stages will ultimately result (in both specific cases mentioned) in what should never have happened in the first place if tyrants and wannabe dictators were better controlled trough the checks and balances that are only semi workable at best. You know the exposing accountability to the public....ombudsman...running suitable candidates... working with government...lobbying....and so on.........

Patience and perserverance and efforts of a minority will prevail. Then everyone will take the credit

Care to get specific at the local level? Unless there can be a conflict of interest proven sometimes the electorate needs to wait for the next election to clean house.... even then the perceived "offender" may garner enough support to be re-elected.

GTH land deal ring any bells? The guy you NEVER see in front of the cameras anymore got re-elected.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Care to get specific at the local level? Unless there can be a conflict of interest proven sometimes the electorate needs to wait for the next election to clean house.... even then the perceived "offender" may garner enough support to be re-elected.

GTH land deal ring any bells? The guy you NEVER see in front of the cameras anymore got re-elected.
      Oh I've been real specific on this forum before in regards local RM government examples. And just last month several further examples were addressed and presented to one of those council's again. I am told that not one word was said by any member at the council table. You know, like specific examples of tens and tens of thousands of taxpayer's dollars for clay from borrow pits; and councillors wholesale micro managing employee's duties and taking their authority to act from other than council resolutions, bylaws and the Municipal Act.

This is the attitude...and this is how some council's address the business that is specifically addressed to and required to be dealt by a council meant to be responsible for those matters within their jurisdiction. Or even just an actual comment of a reeve that "I can do anything I want as reeve" or how about "whenever SO And SO appears before council on any matter I already know what my vote will be"

And by the way....How was yesterday's special prosecutor appointed in the Donald Trump night mare received by agriville readers. Such guys can run; but they can't hide in the longer term. They can even be pardoned; but astute people can ridicule and mention GTH thieves long past the time they have turned to dust or ashes. Either that or the memories of them fade quickly and resurface in future similar episodes.

Remember it isn't the volume or number of replies that counts. Quality of leadership is actually important. And those dictators (large or small) are all really small people...AND NOT A ONE OF THEM FIT FOR PUBLIC OFFICE.
      Self serving needs to be called out when first it rears it ugly. ugly, ugly head. It won't be ombudspersons that correct this; and not another 55 pages of clarifications on what pertains to a conflict of interest.

And here is a parting comment. Just what self repecting person would want to be in a minority position of associating themselves at a council table after the next interim election (or any election for that matter. Of course assuming the electorate wouldn''t return the incumbent as farmerholic rightly pointsout can mean an even bigger majority for certain greasy slimeballs.

Patience boys ...the majority won't do a thing but they will get on board and take undeserved credit when the days of reckoning finally arrives.

Bye bye Donald; good riddance small time politics and Billy stay out of the news; and for the time being continue to ignore accountability and run the show with appearance of listening and "business conducted with protecting special interests behind every move"
      Last edited by oneoff; May 18, 2017, 04:22.

Comment

If the public is aware of your concerns and don't share them. Maybe you have the special interest.

Comment

Totally agree with you oneoff. You can see it everywhere and the public is beginning to notice. Watch the elections and pay attention to who gets in. It's a loss of confidence in govt at all levels. Armstrong pointed it out to me and if you're recognizing this trend in your own, you are more astute than many. France rejected the mainstream parties. Trump was a screw you vote, not sure how that one will turn out yet. Germany is up in Sept Oct. It's a pushback against the status quo. Imo there is an increase in the number of protests worldwide. How the establishment handles losing power is yet to be determined but they have the swat teams and the guns. Canada gives citizenship to foreign soldiers that join the military, why?, because most people won't kill their neighbors if the boss says so.....

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            If the public is aware of your concerns and don't share them. Maybe you have the special interest.
            Whatever would make anyone think that any average person has the first clue about what goes on in private discussions before a council meeting.

Let alone what happens at open council meetings where items meant to be placed on the agenda are not even deemed to require even a single comment; let alone a motion that results in a council decision. Remember no minutes published for the press...and I assure you that the minute books in the safe are not dogeared from heavy wear of numerous people turning the pages.

Guess there needs to be a special prosecutor LOL

Way to go for those who support and enable Billy, Donald and your local versions of piss poor examples of democratic principles

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...