• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any RAIN in the SE today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any RAIN in the SE today

Lots on radar, get your 1/2" Farmaholic?

No fj.....more like half a tenth. Seriously, the weather station registered 0.05. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sumdumguy, did you get a good shot Sunday night? Radar showed a small cell tracking close to Regina.

Comment

Only a shower Sunday night. Nothing registering in the rain gauge yet. We are used to waiting for first rain. I guess one has to be satisfied with what weget, we can't change the weather. I like that word ,"weget".

Comment

Funny where we are done seeding to the west it didn't rain and east of town were shut down. Not a big rain but enough to slick up the top.

Comment

If it won't rain with rain in the forecast maybe it will with no rain in the forecast. ....you know how weather can be.

Nothing worse than watching Enviro Can's forecast state rain three days away then drop to 60% chance then 30% chance then do **** all. I guess they were right in the end!
          Last edited by farmaholic; May 16, 2017, 05:49.

Comment

we got another shot here . seeding still that elusive week away . most of it not going to happen

Comment

Puddles in the yard here this morning - gauge showing 1/4 inch. That's now 3/4 inch in 2.5 months since the first of March blizzard. Surely an unusually dry spring in Manitoba?

Comment

Just a couple tenths in my guage. All the durum and hrsw up, lentils are all up, canola about 30% up, mustard still below the surface. Should be able to get back on the canary after lunch and be all wrapped up tomorrow evening. Please mother nature don't freeze hard!

Comment

Biglentil...unfortunately it has to go through zero and minus one to get to mius two. Then back again....lol. "NOT" funny!

Comment

Hopefully northern Sask and Alberta are done with rain now for a month and SE Sask and Manitoba get the water they need .

Comment

Thanks for the not so comic relief Farma. I'm hoping Enviro Canada's forecast is also a bad joke. If they are calling for -2 in the City usually means -5 out here.

Comment

Canola still safely in heated shop....pig spleen guy said FROST in mid June, yikes if he is right!

Comment

Im tempted to tickle the furrow a little, maybe Furrowtickler has some tips. With the canola just emerging Im tempted to throw 3/8 of an inch soil/straw parka on it for the freeze. Land roller may work just ok. A light scratch with the harrows on a slight off angle is what im leaning towards . Or maybe someone has a couple Harrier Jets they can lend me for the evening.

Comment

Biglentil. Hopefully there's enough heat radiating off the ground to counter some of the frost. I suppose it also depends how long it freezes. Are tiny emerging plants less susceptible than something larger with true leaves on them that are bigger targets and not hugging the ground. Funny how volunteer stuff seems to be fairly hardy yet intentionally planted stuff seems so vulnerable.

And then there's the forecasted wind yet....wind chill?

Farming is a tough way to make a living. Who in there right mind would....

Comment

No matter how often I look, the forecast overnight temps aren't changing. hmmmm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...