• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding progress ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding progress ??

Zero will be done for a few days , and possibly very little till weekend in a big area. e
    This area might be at 30 % ave now .
    Looks like cool days and cold nights for thee days so not great drying days, although better than rain. Early canola may get a frost nip by Wednesday.
    I have a feeling a big area is at less than 10% and will stay that way for a week yet.
    The forecast looks ok , but it did a week ago as well.
    We have had about 7 1/2 days seeding in so far , got to 60% , but need to get canola on now asap but will have to be patient to let ground and roads dry.
    Not sure how we will get trucks out to some fields , may have to fold up and go all the way back to yard . Back roads are just clay mud with water holes now ..... and deep ruts from losers out with their 4 by 4's on weekend.
    Let's hope the forecast holds for the next ten days at least .

I think there is about 8 quarters seeded around here. hardly any combining got done . went to stoon on weekend north of melfort , gronlid really bad. in the whole area there is some done around tisdale and a little done around nipawin . other than that this whole northeast is a write off and dumped on us again. the only bright spot is that it's not looking like we will have to worry about paying pst on hail and crop insurance .

Comment

NW corner of Saskatchewan no better. Some just got going last Wednesday on high ground. Now after this last 3 day rain it'll be lucky if we're planting by the 20th.

Comment

Hardly any fields fit to work, but most are trying. Spinning tires end to end, water holes, sticky mud, shitty field finish cultivating. Compaction a major mess. Burning more fuel trying. Can't load air seeders in most approaches, trucks getting stuck. Roads are sponges. Very few seeded. No fun at all
        Joy missed the rain, got HAIL instead.

Comment

Sweet f all done in my area in the NE. Big guys have a few quarters in, but it looks like its been a fight.

Comment

Right by us everything is safely in the bin or bag yet. Towards Edmonton probably the same amount got seeded that got combined this spring. Not a whole lot and after two inches this weekend that's not changing for a while.

Comment

Less than 5% Edmonton east with most area receiving 1.5 in rain this weekend. Spring thrash about 50% done. Will be end of week before more action around here. Less wheat and canola and more oat, barley and feed crops will be seeded with more land going unseeded every day that passes.

Comment

Big storm last night headed from regina toward us, the valley caused it to end. We missed and just got the ugly wind. We should hit 30% done tonight. Counting our lucky stars we're missing most finally.

Comment

85% in. Hoping the canola keeps its head down for Wednsday's -3 for low forcast or I'll be more like 55% done.

Comment

Ya will be -3 here as well Weds

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Ya will be -3 here as well Weds
                      The only place it says -3 in the forecast is for prince albert not sure maybe you guys have other info. The rest of sask seems to be calling for +1/0. I was thinking though that a big frost might be in the making with this system before it moves on. I didn't think there would be much crop up to burn off.

Comment

WHAT PROGESS HAVE NOT STARTED YET. Maybe tomorrow

Comment

Low of Zero means -3 here

Comment

Seeding completed here. Need a rain now. Early seeded cereals and canola emerged. Corn emergence a few days away, beans should be poking out next week. Hope the frost stays away wed thurs.

Comment

getting close to half done here. Probably need it but still refuse to pray for rain. don't think I ever could. wearing normal work boots this spring even in the feedlot lol. I find having to wear rubber boots ****ing demoralizing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...