• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravel Land

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravel Land

Anyone have any land with gravel? I know it depends on your area and if you are close to a larger center yours will be worth more. I have some interest in some land that has gravel on it and want to be fair but also don't want to give it away.

For crying out loud...don't give it away! You only get to sell the gravel once! Land permanently scarred after the gravel is taken. A finite resource in some places. Some RM's have none and haul long distances for their roads. I have no idea what it's worth....

Comment

It is not simple to appraise gravel. Type, recovery and reclaiming, distance. Hopefully you can find someone honest in the industry to talk to. And it wont get any cheaper!

Comment

Blackpowder, you are 100% correct. Location is everything. If there is 20 feet of overburden, there better be a lot of good gravel.

I know someone that has a relatively small piece that is looking at about $3 a yard as is. The buyer opens it up and crushes it. But add 10 more feet of overburden and it could be 2.25 to 2.50.

Comment

Oil patch is slow now and demand for gravel is slow here. Have some gravel on a field. So many factors at play determining value. If you have a lot of good sized stones with little sand and hard rock then my friend you can command good dough. Haven't tested on my one field but on another there was gravel everywhere but not enough depth to be worth wrecking the land. Other stuff might have good potential.

Comment

I have heard that you should sell a few loads to set a value. Then if your land would be expropriated, that becomes the value if you need to goto court later. Charge lots. Near Regina with all of these overpasses, the hunt was on. East of the city past White City lots of gravel. Most guys hired their own truckers and sold their own product. One guy had a hilly back quarter of wasteland. He sold it and had his quarter graded and developed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...