• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Report May 13, 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must have been the same driller as the one on mine ,
    canola stubble too

Comment

Maybe today, but we need a little more than a 15 minute shower. Just about time to get on our knees. It would be nice to have even germination. It would be very stressful to wait until July 19 like we have in the past. 🌧

Comment

Wasn't that 2015 Sumdumguy?

Comment

I hit one of those perfectly round holes on our canola stubble as well. About 32" round and about 24" deep...perfectly punched out.

It must be some old well. I don't know of any old yards on that piece for at least 30 years or more though...odd.

Comment

Hey farma, do you know of old wells in those locations? You had more than one of those holes?

Have you ever seen those occur before?

Comment

Yes two different locations. The one in the pictures is where an old yard site was, on a hill of all places. And it happened it our own yard as well (no pun intended) in two different spots and Dad said they were old wells(obviously). I suppose the "settling" depends on what they threw in them. If it was a bit of a garbage dump for tin cans, glass bottles, etc. The tin maybe finally deteriorated and down went the dirt fill (plug). Or if only dirt was used, depending on depth of the well, it finally settled enough at lower depths that the top just slid down.

It happened here most recently when it was at it's wettest.

ps, I like the color of your sub soil!

Comment

Here's the hole that I think is an old well in the yard. It was about ten feet deep and took a bucket and a half from the tractor to fill it up today. It could have swallowed a person easy.

Comment

Almost forgot. Today's rain was a light shower and if we don't get any more the corrals might be dry enough to brand tomorrow. It's going to be sticky but not muddy since it's on top of a hill. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Farma usually the ladies like the color of my eyes...never has anyone mentioned the color of my soil that's a new one

Comment

Just an obsevation on your ground compared to mine. ....you might have nice eyes too but I've never met you. I have "America eyes"; red, white and blue, at harvest or when I don't get enough sleep. This is where the comparisons stop.

Comment

Spotty rain and hail all through the NW today . And that was at 12c lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...