• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Report May 13, 2017

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunk the Drill, just as it started to rain. Said F it and I will pull it out when I can get some help on Monday. Was a cold miserable wet walk 1 1/2 miles back to the yard. Seeding at night is damn near impossible with all the wet spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
      Sunk the Drill, just as it started to rain. Said F it and I will pull it out when I can get some help on Monday. Was a cold miserable wet walk 1 1/2 miles back to the yard. Seeding at night is damn near impossible with all the wet spots.
      Sank the harrows trying to pull onto the road. Literally stuck 5 feet from the grid road... But only had to walk half a mile.

Driest field we have and it's still wet.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9402.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	765546

We got a 1/4 inch at the yard late last night as storm from ND headed strait north. More later today could be on their way. Tues and Wed is what scares me. Also the line from Swift to Battleford hopefully doesn't move back over our area. Flip is correct 6 inches in october and the big snow storm two weeks ago really screwed our area. Frost is really coming out of the ground yesterday. Flat slope to valley and boom down you go. Easy pull its still frozen a foot or two down.

Comment

As wet as you've been the past many , many , many years S/f , why would you still have bicycle tires on that anhydrous tank ??

Comment

Yea i guess I'm tight with tank number two tank one is set up different. But frost is frost. No fun.

Comment

I wish I was joking..... 0.01 of an inch from last nights "event". My goodness!

Comment

You want our 1/4 inch lll gladly trade you.

Comment

I'm going seeding.... Our next hope is for Tuesday. A couple of marathon sessions and we might get done before then.

Don't be mad at me for wanting/needing a bit of rain..... we're all in a little different situation.

Take care and work safe.... when you can.

Comment

Fukin weather I sure feel for you guys I've been there too. Not too bad this year only stuck a couple times but have a couple quarters I may not be able to seed. Best of luck seeding.

Comment

Rained overnight, raining still, but forecast looks good, Happy Mothers Day!

Comment

Still no rain here, were supposed to get some today, not anymore. Next chance is tuesday, but that has been scaled back. Chance of frost thursday, could do damage to emerged canola. Wait and see.

Comment

Really looks wet in that picture sf3. Try having 0 acres seeded yet and now that it hasn't quit here it looks like a June start. May 21 2010 that's when it started. When is there going to be a drying cycle with normal precipitation and temps. You complain alot on here but remember you've got the best equipment, highest valued dirt, topped up bank account, 6 months vacation every year, full time reliable employees, your not still combining yet you still cry about how tough it is......remember it's only a crop! This last rain "event" and the one coming Tuesday will make for a wreck in the fall now. Don't worry sf3 you'll find a way to pull through.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                            Really looks wet in that picture sf3. Try having 0 acres seeded yet and now that it hasn't quit here it looks like a June start. May 21 2010 that's when it started. When is there going to be a drying cycle with normal precipitation and temps. You complain alot on here but remember you've got the best equipment, highest valued dirt, topped up bank account, 6 months vacation every year, full time reliable employees, your not still combining yet you still cry about how tough it is......remember it's only a crop! This last rain "event" and the one coming Tuesday will make for a wreck in the fall now. Don't worry sf3 you'll find a way to pull through.
                            Like.

Comment

I've also got more water in my basement now than most kinsmen swimming pools anderson pump house on speed dial incase ANOTHER sump pump gives out......carefully sf3 don't spit out your swig of beer laughing.

Comment

Before I get lambasted for asking for a splash of rain to help seal the deal on canola germination, let me say I am grateful for the really good seeding conditions here. Seeding has been a "BREEZE"....a howling breeze......lol. that's why I need a little rain.

Much better today.

Things are good here, we're not burying seed looking for moisture. Just trying/hoping to maintain what's there.

This really isn't the case for some of you, but when I got a little whiney my Pappy used tell me, it's not so bad that it couldn't be worse....definitely the case here. Lets see what happens.
                                Last edited by farmaholic; May 14, 2017, 11:29.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...