• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a rum ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding done here. Need 3/4" rain now to even germ. Looks like rain staying to the west, doesnt make it to mb. Maybe tuesday 1/2" on the way.

Comment

Got that 1/2 in overnight . Wish we could send the next round of rain your way mb

Comment

Fj...I think Matt(13:12) was referring to knowledge and understanding...not moisture...lol.

Matt 8:26....You of little faith, why are you so afraid?

Now to get out from behind the pulpit and practice what I preach!

Matt 23:3

therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

Gospel according to farmaholic...Saturday morning sermon.

Comment

23.3 sounds like the perfect politician

Comment

Good news, no more rattling roof, its snowing.

Comment

Looks like our rain is , "Gone With the Wind". It's an ugly, windy May 13 in the land of the living skies.

Comment

**** the wind.... No wonder some packed their bags and left. Resilient or stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                  Good news, no more rattling roof, its snowing.
                  Makar you're in good company. Ours is just liquid moisture but I'm sure glad we switched to production insurance instead of lack of moisture( silage/ greenfeed) for our grain. As you said earlier about June 1st I think we'll be there too if this week turns out like forecasted. We've never not started seeding by now for crops to be combined and I have a question about crop insurance. June 1 is the recommended cutoff for seeding the crops we elected however the deadline for unseeded acres ( due to excess moisture) is June 20. If Mother Nature doesn't allow me to seed till June 15 and I mud some canola in knowing that it may not be ready before Jack Frost hits am I covered? Or will they say I should have put barley in? This ground has been in cereals for two years and my coverage is way better on canola. Area normals are, barley 64 bu/ac vs canola 40 bu/ac. Just some PONDerings on a wet foggy morning dealing with a calf who won't suckle.

On a happier note, it was the most relaxing morning in over a month since there wasn't anything to rush out to do. Might even be able to take Mother's Day off except for the cow stuff. Been a while since that happened here.

Comment

Going to be concerned if we get any more rain here , peas will be sitting in mud - that not good .....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      **** the wind.... No wonder some packed their bags and left. Resilient or stupid?
                      I agree completley, heat, cold, rain no problem, but that f#cking wind. Apparently drove some insane in the 1930s dustbowl.

Comment

My father bought a beautiful 2 3/4 sections of Regina Heavy Clay the winter of 1962 from a fellow who lost his love of the land because of the drought and relentless wind of 1961. The family left a lot behind; full line of machinery, bin bottoms of grain, caterpillar, power plant, irrigation set-up, 2 complete yards, furnished home, power plant. His dream after being a corporal in the army was to settle on that farm until he couldn't take the weather any more. They only took their personal belongings and the dog to Victoria and never looked back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...