• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a rum ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a rum ...

Got to 60 % or so tonight .... may be done for a few days now

Raining now, west of here not good .....

Comment

May 11 1977 we started seeding that day, it rained and then continued to rain for 5 days after, then we started seeding.

Comment

Rum front blew in here as well. Beer clouds forecast until mid week. 4.5/10s and it looks to be "re-grouping" south of here. Alarm 1 is off (window d****s are pulled). Hopefully alarm 2 (3 year old with a hate on for sleep) is down till mid morning as well.

Comment

If we get rained out Saturday night I'll prepare a Mother's Day supper so she doesn't have to cook it for everyone else to celebrate her day. Happy Mother's Day to all the AV Moms...

We got to 75% done. Progress has been a little slower with some mid morning starts and early evening stops because of tough pea stubble....what a match wouldn't do.... but this soil needs the residue. Down to flax. Things are chugging along quite well otherwise. With the Apprentice's young legs I feel like we could be doing more...but whats wrong with being satisfied with what we have and me maybe enjoying the break from having to do nearly all the work myself and not knowing if I'm coming or going and meeting myself in the process.

Take care and work safe.
          Last edited by farmaholic; May 13, 2017, 00:16.

Comment

That rattling sound on the roof is mother nature driving the last nails in my coffin.

Comment

If it's rain Makar, I'll take half an inch of it. Rain "forecast" here for Saturday overnight....I ain't bettin the farm on it but it would sure be nice to get some and seal the deal on germination of just planted canola. Enviro Canada has flip flopped their forcast a couple of times already and Lerner's doesn't look too promising for anything substantial. Some people's curse could be my blessing....but I'm not looking to be canonized(lol)...just a little prayer answered. And would someone please pull the ****in plug on the wind already....my goodness its relentless. ..wears you down working in it.

Comment

May interesting here next auction season, to bad i will be drinking beer in the bleachers.

Comment

Mustard being seeded into dust. No flax going in at our place. After the mustard tomorrow, just 1000 acres of Canaryseed. We are also 70-75% done. Some of our seed is sitting in dry ground. Hope we can borrow an inch of your rain Furrow? Not asking for much, are we.

Comment

If the weather holds june 1 looks good.

Comment

Sumdum....seems this farm in the slum of the Ghetto is always on the verge of a drought, obviously it's not "that" bad, but it sure feels like it. I realize it may be hard for some to understand given the conditions some of you are enduring, but you heard what Sumdum said about dust....it wouldn't take alot of rain to make a big difference here now. Just need a little kick starter!

Edit....lol. Enviro Can just went fron 10-15 mls overnight tonight to 5 mls.....sigh
                      Last edited by farmaholic; May 13, 2017, 05:21.

Comment

The line of storms has finally moved from our (assiniboina to regina to yorkton) for years to Swift Rosetown to saskatoon to Pa) and areas west of that line.

if it holds we will get seeding done if it moves back were screwed.

Sorry to here guys who are in it as Rain in excess makes mud not grain.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                          That rattling sound on the roof is mother nature driving the last nails in my coffin.
                          That is a good one, OR telling me to retire ASASP.
                          Applying Urea, is like pulling cultivator through RUBBER. Sticky wet, hard pull, NO room for a drop of rain. Lots of fieldwork, only seeding is on stuff worked last fall. No rain so far....

Comment

zero done here

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Sumdum....seems this farm in the slum of the Ghetto is always on the verge of a drought, obviously it's not "that" bad, but it sure feels like it. I realize it may be hard for some to understand given the conditions some of you are enduring, but you heard what Sumdum said about dust....it wouldn't take alot of rain to make a big difference here now. Just need a little kick starter!

Edit....lol. Enviro Can just went fron 10-15 mls overnight tonight to 5 mls.....sigh
                              "Those that have much (water), more will be given to them, those that have little will lose even that (drought)"...somewhere in the Bible

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...