• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at used grain vac?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at used grain vac?

I don't move a lot of grain but looking at Brandt and Rem, at least 2000 or newer.
    Rem 2700 look decent, but maybe larger than I need.
    I will do more research, just thought I'd ask.

We've put lots of bushels through our Brandt 5200 and been happy. Next to no maintenance. Had a 4000 Brandt before that.

Comment

had lots of rems pretty good

Comment

REM 2700 is a decent unit.
        The biggest weak spot is the thingamajigs that interlock on the flighting when you unfold it. If they dont line up, they either break or push your bearing and flange out the the top of your auger.
        Also, keep ear protection handy. They are high pitched loud.

Comment

We've had,a Rem for a lot of years. pretty solid unit but watch for plugging as it won't take full 1000 rpm in a full bin. The weakest link IMO is the flex hose which wears too easily and is expensive to replace.

Comment

They are insanely loud. Hoses are heavy and awkward to handle but better than the dust created by bin sweeps or being stooped and twisting while using a shovel(dust included). Our first one was a Walinga style called a Turbo K (pretty much the same thing). What I didn't like about that style of vac is it uses air to deliver(push) the grain to the truck....limited capacity compared to the auger of a Rem or Brandt. We've even used ours to get rid of grain bugs.....run at low capacity I don't think they stand a chance, rough ride and likely most blown out the exhaust. Our Brandt has quite decent full bin capacity. But were they suck, or should I say lack capacity, is on clean-up and I think they're all the same in that department.

Comment

Has anyone tipped their Brandt moving it while the auger was unfolded? I hear they can be a bit unstable(like me). We haven't but I can see how it's possible...ours is a 5200EX

Comment

Agree on the noise. We wear ear protection around them. They're real loud.

Comment

Thanks for all replies and info, good stuff. Haven't bought yet,
                  now looking at Convey Air, any thoughts on them?

Comment

The style of vac you get will depend on what you want to do with it. The air-pump style (walinga, turbo vac) will do lots of hose/cleanup jobs better than the centrifugal blower style (brandt, REM) but will be much slower in a full bin situation. They all are high wear and horsepower pigs. I'm a bit prejudiced toward the Brandt as I have my name on three of their grain vac patents. We spent a lot of time lugging hoses around the summer we developed it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...