• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big area in big trouble

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big area in big trouble

168 quarters 67 crop in field. Water everywhere. No one in field.

North of lake Lenore on 368 up to kinistino
    Last edited by Klause; May 11, 2017, 16:51.

Didn't know you farmed that much.

Joking aside. There are a tonne of problems in a lot of areas. Not much in the news.

In other news there were tonnes out our way scrambling for spring credit right up to the end of April. Not sure how people made out. I guess I will see as I drive around the country who had money to buy inputs.

Comment

same around here , nothing moving , very little combining got done .nothing seeded . north of carrot river is worse . it's going to be a write off if this rain comes Saturday

Comment

That's terrible. Don't hear anything in the news. I feel for the guys who are in these areas. We had 10 inches in October. Luckily we were almost done combining when it hit. Had low snowfall and minimal rain this spring so far. But one big rain away from a disaster.

Comment

Saskatchewan crop insurance is a goddamn disgrace. They should be paying out guys with the rotten crop left out so they can clean off their fields by burning or trying to harrowing. How can you swath when it's right flat to the ground! Wake the **** up already! They will set guys back to seeding late into June and setting up another disaster. From equipment/parts/service dealers, grain and input companies, banks and other "credit" dealers, insurance agents from scic to hail insurance companies, fuel, tire shops.....you get the message....these guys all name their price and take,take,take. If canola hit 25 per bushel tomorrow they would eat up every cent instantly. What's the answer....I don't know. It just seems to get worse every year.

Comment

Yea I know the feeling,I am not a big operator but my crop is my crop. Just don't give a shit anymore,50 yr of this roller coaster is enough, but at least my house isn't full of water. As for fixing this business it will never happen because everyone is willing to sell there soul gust to be the BTO of the county, and farm with borrowed money. An old neibour that was a good farmer and quite seccsusful let the boys take over and in sight of 5 yr he said if they had to pay all there bills they wouldn't have a hat to cover there heads, but they sure showed him how to make money.

Comment

So SCIC is saying combine it. What is Gars telling guys?

Good luck to you all. It's Mother Nature don't take it out on your families

Iceman Out

Comment

The weather forecast has just gone to shit. Rain for the next two weeks. Some days just light enough to stop seeding and heavy enough other days to cause a disaster.

It is hard not to hate the weather man.

Comment

Its a disgrace how crop insurance is treating us, must be a gag order in place because there hasn't been anything on he media. The impact of this is going to be huge yet it's not on the radar at all.
                  All these farmer groups are a total waste, if you want anything done you have to do it yourself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...