• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon tax ... wealth transfer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon tax ... wealth transfer

JT says he is going to force Sask to do Alberta plan .
    Refunds are to go to low income earners ...
    like many of us have said , this has nothing to do with climate change

Nothing to do with climate change, global warming or other Liberal cause.

This will end up in court if Justin tries to be a dictator and force provinces to enforce a tax.

Comment

Time to stop blaming people for being born into wealth or punishing those with the drive and determination to get ahead. Imagine if everyone had the attitude that, "I'm not doing anymore than what it takes to get by". Because otherwise I'll have to "share" my rewards for success with those who choose to do little or nothing....race to the bottom!

Comment

SK should invoke the notwithstanding clause. Use daddy's constitution against Junior's misguided plan.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9385.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	765543

That is all this plan is a wealth distribution. Tax the shit out of the ones who work, pay taxes and keep the economy going. Give money to the ones who do nothing. Again how is this a carbon tax, its a wealth distribution.

Good idea take to supreme court and fight Son with Useless fathers Constitution.

Comment

It's time that Wall comes up with a plan for carbon tax before a plan is forced onto the province. It's becoming very clear that the federal government is not backing away from taxing carbon, so it's time for Wall to quit whining and make a plan to tax carbon and continue to lobby the federal government to drop or reduce this tax so we can compete in a global economy. Their are to many people that think that Wall is a hero for fighting this tax with no carbon tax plan. It's time to collect this tax and distribute it back where the government sees fit. Who knows he might find enough money to quit taxing insurance and balance the budget.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wakopa View Post
                Like! #guiltywhiteliberalprivilege

Comment

Sort of agree with sodbuster, have to look at other options for Sask other than just fighting it in court.
                  Let's not dislike for PM and liberals cloud our judgement.

Comment

End of the day this is a UN driven policy to help wealth distribution under the guise of feeling good about doing something for the environment.
                    Carbon tax will still do nothing for climate change. The UN knows full well fossil fuel usage will not change much with this tax , that's why it is the scape goat

Comment

I am very disappointed in the lack of enlightenment shown by the above posts. Don't you realize by imposing this carbon tax on Canadians we can lower our global contribution of 1.6% of C02 emissions down to 1.5%. This will stabilize temperatures and reduce extreme weather events worldwide. We must be leaders not followers. We can close down our locally run coal fired power plants and replace them with Chinese made solar panels and wind turbines. This will cost billions of dollars and create many well paying middle class jobs. At present clean tech already contributes 1.2% to our Canadian exports. We can double or triple that and create tremendous growth. This is our Liberal economic plan for Canada's future wealth. Have a good day:-)!
                      Last edited by Hamloc; May 11, 2017, 11:26.

Comment

surprise surprise.Wall is now worried about BC rejecting the pipeline.One of the big things with the carbon tax was it was to keep the tree huggers happy and let the pipeline through.Guess Wall wants his cake and eat it too.

Comment

If you're going to go along with this carbon TAX, you might as well just shut the ****ing doors right now !

On CBC radio this morning, the analysts discussing the election results were quite happy and embolden in joy of the election results, because the greens will be every means, and have stated that they will push to accelerate the Carbon Taxes in B.C. The time lines will change and the carbon Taxes will rise sooner and faster. They gleefully surmised that this will open the door for Justin to do the same at the federal level, which in their urban minds, means a winning the next election with even a bigger mandate and MPs.

Carbon pricing will be $200/t or better, before you know it.

As a farmer, tell me what you'll buy that won't be TAXED? Machinery will be TAXED, fertilizer will be unreal, all chemicals will be TAXED, everything will have added costs due to TAXES someway along the manufacturing of the product.

Also, tell me how you'll pass that TAX on to the consumer of your products?

BTW, hey any of you ****ing commodities groups that take my checkoffs,,,, tell me how I'll pass that TAX on to the consumer of my products?

Comment

I've heard that the Winnipeg Sun has article where Pallister states that farmers will pay NO carbon tax. It's unclear what that means but it's the most encouraging thing I've heard in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                              I've heard that the Winnipeg Sun has article where Pallister states that farmers will pay NO carbon tax. It's unclear what that means but it's the most encouraging thing I've heard in a while.
                              Would be a quick and easy way to attract farmers to the province. Cheap hydro and no carbon tax is a win-win. Leaked memo from Ontario Liberals states that hydro prices in the province will play catch up after next election in 2018, regardless of political party. Average hydro bill to likely quadruple in price, average price for small home theorized to be $200+/month. Farms likely be paying $800 to $1000 per month on average. Some guys already paying $1200-1500/month right now, so you can guess what their bill will be monthly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...