• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Doesn't Make Grain!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a contrast! Maybe a half inch of rain and water laying everywhere. Starting next weekend looks bad right now. Some showers, total cloud cover, high humidity and cool temps. That better not materialize here or May will quickly be turning into June. And I know our conditions are much better than many areas.
    Been waiting for ground to firm and get a few crumbs on top, but looks like seeding will be the same as the last 7 years. Into muddy conditions with our moisture conserving seeding tool.

Comment

101...there's the irony, "moisture conserving seeding tools". The opposite of the very reason they and the conservation farming methods were developed are biting us all in the ass a bit....from too wet to disease pressure in the right conditions, who would have thought. I always preached about flexibility, how much flexibility can a farm afford....flipping iron to suit different conditions or buying the lastest and greatest vertical tiller. No one but us cares what it takes or how much it costs to grow the crop-just grow it!

Lots of hungry parasites and people.

ps, half a tenth here last night.
      Last edited by farmaholic; May 8, 2017, 22:47.

Comment

Currently weather Network is agreeing with the wxmaps.org shown here. Pushing hard here as if true not going to be fun if we're not done.
        Last edited by mcfarms; May 8, 2017, 23:16.

Comment

Pullout the old discers and make Discer Bob Dodds happy again! That will dry the ground out. Lol!

Comment

Don't sell the cultivator.

Comment

Year ago today we had a 3 inch rain which was very welcome at the time. That now would make things a bit dicey.

Comment

Not feeling any pressure gawd.

Yup

Comment

No one wants to pay for what we grow anyway.....the market is always right.....it will be worth more when you don't have it....

If it's in the ground and continues to rain .....well.....most guys said they wished they would have sat 2010 out .....cost more to get a crop than it was worth....machines were wrecked pulling....

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                    Not feeling any pressure gawd.

Yup
                    If we get those 3" at max guesses, 2017 will be over before we start.
                    Just showers every few days will screw us up, never be fit to seed.
                    Where is the predicted drought? Probably starts in July.

Comment

Serenity now.....

Comment

We got an inch so the water is running strong again plus the forecast look cold and damp for the next week. I am not sure when we might get a chance to start seeding but on the bright side I get to watch more playoff hockey!

Comment

Not sure I can afford to sit this year out....weather has to smarten up...as in dry or like it was when I had the energy to work late ....

In 2008 and 2009 could spray one end to the other. ...now I can't make a staight pass anywhere.
                          Last edited by bucket; May 10, 2017, 18:45.

Comment

Have you ever heard of "Weathertab.com" for long-range weather forecasting. It's new to me.

Comment

Thx for the link sumdum. Will check it out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...